Discuss So what does everyone get up to? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Seen as ive settled on here now thought I would get some small talk going :p

So whats everyones hobbies and what do they get up to when they aint pulling cables or wiring stuff up?

Me personally I am a gamer, love to play games mostly console based these days but used to do loads of PC gaming.
I am also a keen paintballer, Play for a midlands based scenario team which is the nearest thing to exercise I get these days after quitting martial arts.
Currently I am learning lock smith techniques as well just for fun :)

So over to you lot....

Football, Pool and have just recently become addicted to Chess on-line (I blame Biff :)) used to do a fair bit of running but the knee's aren't what they used to be and the waist line is even worse lol

I go to the gym, swim, also a climbing instructor so do a fair bit of climbing, I also run a small garage so usually have a bit to do there, quad biking, play pool, walk the dogs, love my RC as some of you will know! and when I get the odd bit of extra free time, spoil the mrs if she's lucky :p

I love my video games, currently playing FIFA 13 on the 360... Also a bit of a fan of COD...

I love doing anything hands on really... Do all my own work on my car (just invested in paint spray kit as bodywork was the only thing I'd not tried!) and love learning new skills. Do a lot of work on my own flat and for friends (plastering, plumbing, occasionally electrics but I'm not very good!)

Like a bit of mountain biking but my MTB buddies (a married couple) moved away a while back so I don't get out on the bike anywhere near as much as I'd like...

Running mainly now, used to be a martial arts instructor until a few years ago but had stop due to work commitments. Football, playing music and most of all, being a dad:)

Love guns, cars, (dragsters), classic cars, art, calligraphy, clay pigeon shooting, piano (used to play), reiki, music, reading......... finding the time to do some of these things is the problem. :59:

I like most things with engines in them, so quite a bit of my spare time (when I get some!!!) is spent on my car, doing bits and bobs. Always work to do on it.

Got to the gym most weeknights. Just got into my garden too this summer, starting to get it looking a bit tropical and nice. Going buying another palm tree today actually.

And the rest of my time is spent drinking, watching rugby and listening to the misses whine and moan at me (Not that kind!!)

I just completed the best game ive played at top level ..... The Last of Us ... now thats on PS3 and the graphics were off the scale so really looking forward to the PS4 which has already walked all over x-box new offering with graphic capability and power... December release confirmed for PS4; XBOX 2 weeks prior.

I just completed the best game ive played at top level ..... The Last of Us ... now thats on PS3 and the graphics were off the scale so really looking forward to the PS4 which has already walked all over x-box new offering with graphic capability and power... December release confirmed for PS4; XBOX 2 weeks prior.

really??? I started playing that too. Games tiny. Finished 21% in an hour and a half. Was really looking forward to it too. Ive swapped over to play 'remember me' on xbox 360 for a while...now thats a good game.

Im into electronic stuff I guess, get bored easy though and swap about...
tv series; am on dexter, newsroom, suits and warehouse 13 at mo
Reading; have kobo. Working through a collection of 6000 ebooks :/
Gaming; pc, nintendo wii, xbox 360 and ps3
Cross stitch; get fidgetty when watching tv
Cinema and movies generally

Dont know when I turned into such a nerd tbh

really??? I started playing that too. Games tiny. Finished 21% in an hour and a half. Was really looking forward to it too. Ive swapped over to play 'remember me' on xbox 360 for a while...now thats a good game.

Look at you the gadget women lol.... the first 3rd of the game is fast track it slows you up a lot before the end but i like to collect and explore every nook and cranny, i did enjoy Crisis 3 though now that was large scale free environment

I am a really Bad Gamer here with A gaming PC I built for BF3 2 years ago but ended up getting it on PS3 instead But I play a MMO called Star Wars The Old Republic mostly on it & picked up Sim City last week too but I have a ton of PC games in my Collection

also play Madden 13 ,God Of War ,Yakuza 4 & GTA IV on my PS3 (Still haven't gotten round to Finishing The Gay Tony DLC for it) I have had a PS+ Sub for 2yrs so got a ton of games to get through before the PS4

Also got a PS VITA which I bought a few weeks back after my PSP Go fell out my coat & into Toilet when I got home from Work!!

Also got a 360 but haven't played it since Gears of War 3 came out 2/3 yrs ago

Last edited:

Reply to So what does everyone get up to? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net