Discuss So what does everyone get up to? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

That looks great fella how much it cost to build ?? Would love a MAME Arcade Cabinet !! I have MAME on my PC too as I Still Play Killer Instinct Arcade sometimes

I wish I could put it along with other Emulators on my VITA.

KI is one of my fave fighters :)

Cant remember the exact cost of the build but it was in the region of £300-400.
I did all the programing and electric work (as you expect :p) and my brother in law built the cab as he's a carpenter.
It has Sega mega drive, SNES, Atari 600, and MAME on it and is powered by my old PC which I wired a car amp into with 2x 55w car speakers.
I learned a valuable lesson regarding sound systems on this build, And that was not to listen to my mate regarding sound systems LOL.
I got the amp and speakers to the spec he gave me and the first time we turned it on I had the volume turned right down on the amp and was kneeling around the back with my head in it while the bro in law was operating the controls.
Anyways the intro music kicked in and nearly blew my bro in law out of the shed it was so damned loud and I was near deafened by it!

We did think about building a few and selling them but neither of us have the time LOL

Seen as ive settled on here now thought I would get some small talk going :p

So whats everyones hobbies and what do they get up to when they aint pulling cables or wiring stuff up?

Me personally I am a gamer, love to play games mostly console based these days but used to do loads of PC gaming.
I am also a keen paintballer, Play for a midlands based scenario team which is the nearest thing to exercise I get these days after quitting martial arts.
Currently I am learning lock smith techniques as well just for fun :)

So over to you lot....

Paintball pahh! I do the more manly airsoft :) Most of my friends take the pee out of me but I enjoy it. I'm into my gaming as well. When I was younger I used to play cod competitively and go to various LAN's to try and win prizes. Gave that up a long time ago as age caught up with me and reactions slowed down. Yes I am a geek at heart!

KI is one of my fave fighters :)

Cant remember the exact cost of the build but it was in the region of £300-400.
I did all the programing and electric work (as you expect :p) and my brother in law built the cab as he's a carpenter.
It has Sega mega drive, SNES, Atari 600, and MAME on it and is powered by my old PC which I wired a car amp into with 2x 55w car speakers.
I learned a valuable lesson regarding sound systems on this build, And that was not to listen to my mate regarding sound systems LOL.
I got the amp and speakers to the spec he gave me and the first time we turned it on I had the volume turned right down on the amp and was kneeling around the back with my head in it while the bro in law was operating the controls.
Anyways the intro music kicked in and nearly blew my bro in law out of the shed it was so damned loud and I was near deafened by it!

We did think about building a few and selling them but neither of us have the time LOL

lol Nice!!!

For me KI Arcade is still the best Fighting game I have ever played so far (Snes version was great too) ,Followed by Mortal Kombat Trilogy

But yea got a few Em's on my PC & on my Bedroom PS3 which I have 3.55 Custom Firmware on it but there wasn't a good MAME Emu made for the PS3 last time I looked ages ago it could only run games that where not too big in Size So I couldn't put KI & other games I liked.

Look at you the gadget women lol.... the first 3rd of the game is fast track it slows you up a lot before the end but i like to collect and explore every nook and cranny, i did enjoy Crisis 3 though now that was large scale free environment

Credit card got frauded..they bought expensive electrical item but because total cost was so high it got sent to billpayers address. I got the moneyback. After a year of noone asking for goods back I kept them!!

I explore everything too, habit for xbox achievements. Havent tried crysis yet. Still got farcry and just cause collections to go through. Bought and not opened yet

Credit card got frauded..they bought expensive electrical item but because total cost was so high it got sent to billpayers address. I got the moneyback. After a year of noone asking for goods back I kept them!!

I explore everything too, habit for xbox achievements. Havent tried crysis yet. Still got farcry and just cause collections to go through. Bought and not opened yet

I have the CRYSIS series & it should only be played on a PC IMO if you can run it with some realyfsis mods for Extreme graphics !!

[video=youtube;qq7-hTVP9AE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7-hTVP9AE[/video]

[video=youtube;KGgZfiSKoow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGgZfiSKoow[/video]

Last edited:
Usual stuff really - I go on this forum quite a lot, watch a bit of telly, bit of PC gaming, housework, and I like a good sleep every now and again.

So... How do you get into lock smith techniques? That's something I'd love to have a go at, but I'd assumed you have to be working professionally, apply for a card, swear an oath etc.

Usual stuff really - I go on this forum quite a lot, watch a bit of telly, bit of PC gaming, housework, and I like a good sleep every now and again.

So... How do you get into lock smith techniques? That's something I'd love to have a go at, but I'd assumed you have to be working professionally, apply for a card, swear an oath etc.

Nope, you can just buy any gear off the internet.
Picks, Guns, bump keys etc.

I just started with a set of picks and kind of built a small collection of tools and knowledge.
Still very much a novice but its fun trying to conquer a good lock lol.
It also makes for a useful skill in my job :)

I'll have to have a look into that. Just for recreational use really, and getting into places I want to go when I haven't got a key.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376755754.945762.jpgmy lock picking kit , bought about a year ago still on the to learn list

Reply to So what does everyone get up to? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net