Discuss Solar pv schematic in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

No problems

I've re-done the diagram with a single array of 18 panels to save you guys having to muck around with the drawing too much. It is quite straightforward to copy and paste the panel symbols in word if more or less are required though you sometimes have to squeeze things up a bit.

I might be able to knock another sized array up if I get time and enough people are interested.

Just change the text in red to suit your situation.

Hope you find this useful

Cheers

View attachment PV-000 - PV Installation diagram single array.doc

The attachment should open straight up in word and you should be able to alter the indivial elements by clicking on them. What version of word are you using?

Sorry, just re-read your post and am not sure if you are talking about my diagram or yours? What programs are you using and how is the image freezing?

Ironliver
I have been copying it from PPT and pasting into a word sheet, that's when it freezers (unable to click on the images to edit). I'm using microsoft office word 2007 and microsoft office power point 2007.

Not sure why without looking at the file, will have a check when I'm back in the office tomorrow. Haven't used ppt for a while but from memory the drawing canvas works the same as the one in word.

Hi All, We are just about to become MCS registered Solar PV installers, despite the cutting of the FIT. I still think the industry will grow over the next decade but just not at the rate it was. We are a building services company with a small team of sparks, carpenters, roofers etc. Any good advice for successful solar Installations? Does anyone also know of a good remote monitor of the system. The Fronius IG20 in our show system does not have great facilities for downloading info to a PC. Thanks......

Hilti are the only PV mounting system manufacturer with design software for residential and commerical designs including all uk wind and snow annex data

Goodwild I've looked at the problem with the copying to word and I can see what you mean. The best I could do was to save the image as an enhaced windows metafile and then it would let me move bits around in word, but it was a bit pointless and not really waht you are looking for.

Unfortunately there is no option to edit a picture from PPT once it has been pasted into Word, having looked into this a bit it would seem that word uses a slightly different drawing engine to both excel and ppt, both of which have been upgraded. This is to maintain compatability with previous versions.

The only solution that will let you edit in word is to redraw using the tools available in word itself. Alternatively continue to use PPT to make changes and copy into word as required once the changes have been made. It's been a while since I used PPT but the interface is more user friendly than word, although you can still draw more or less the same things directly into word.

There is a nice schematic diagram maker available for free from www.soalrdesign.co.uk or by emailing me. This has been created in MS Excel and is based on earlier versions put together by Tony Sampson of Cornwall Solar Panels. With this spreadsheet you can either use the results from PV*SOL or your own photos or other circuit images. The icons can be dragged around, resized, labelled etc. and cables can be added as you require. It’s quick, easy and FREE . Let us know if you’d like a copy and we’ll email it to you.

That should have read:

There is a nice schematic diagram maker available for free from The Solar Design Company: survey tools and simulation software for solar thermal and PV or by emailing me. This has been created in MS Excel and is based on earlier versions put together by Tony Sampson of Cornwall Solar Panels. With this spreadsheet you can either use the results from PV*SOL or your own photos or other circuit images. The icons can be dragged around, resized, labelled etc. and cables can be added as you require. It’s quick, easy and FREE . Let us know if you’d like a copy and we’ll email it to you.

Hi

Please can you send me a copy to: [email protected]

Thanks

That should have read:

There is a nice schematic diagram maker available for free from The Solar Design Company: survey tools and simulation software for solar thermal and PV or by emailing me. This has been created in MS Excel and is based on earlier versions put together by Tony Sampson of Cornwall Solar Panels. With this spreadsheet you can either use the results from PV*SOL or your own photos or other circuit images. The icons can be dragged around, resized, labelled etc. and cables can be added as you require. It’s quick, easy and FREE . Let us know if you’d like a copy and we’ll email it to you.

Reply to Solar pv schematic in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net