Discuss SSE Temporary Seals in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tuttle

-
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone know if SSE still provide temporary seals for CU changes, and if so where I can get some from / what their procedure is?

I've found links to SSE information on threads in this forum and others, but none of the links seem to work anymore.

Thanks

you can buy them on ebay and the tool apparently

Thanks ayjay. I've actually got some from ebay and that's what I normally use when a seal is missing, just for safety really, but they're nothing like the real DNO seals. I had heard that SSE can provide temporary seals, you notify them when you've fitted one and they they supposedly come along later and reseal it properly. i just thought that if they had put a procedure in place then perhaps I'd try and use it.

have a look.

Attachments

• PR-PS-051 - PROCEDURE FOR THE REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT OF COMPANY CUT-OUT SEALS BY ELECTRICAL CON.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 63
You need to call them At castle mallwood they issue you with a Sticker to put over the fuse after you have removed seals then notify them.
They will post them out to you, they check you are niceic or equivalent first

Does anyone know if SSE still provide temporary seals for CU changes, and if so where I can get some from / what their procedure is?

I've found links to SSE information on threads in this forum and others, but none of the links seem to work anymore.

Thanks

You'll probabaly need to take a trip to the SSE depot in Slough and take your scam membership card with you!

Reply to SSE Temporary Seals in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick one regarding the need for RCD protection for socket outlets rated up to and including 32A. I have been tasked to install...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, after temporary removing a Sonoff that I've installed years ago to do some painting, I'm unable to get everything back to work. I've...
Replies
Views
So far I have never had to deal with a new supply but a possible site we are looking at will need some major changes and so I wondered if folks...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock