Discuss Standards Manager? HSE in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got this new bloke title 'standards manager' but H&S..5th one we've had in 2 years...the last H&S person we had set out a generic risk assessment that covers any maintenance we need to do but he's come in and torn everything up as it 'Does not comply' Now I have to do a Risk Assessment before I do anything that has to be countersigned by me, my supervisor,production manager, managing director and then when I have all the signatures He can sign it to say I can carry out the task..then before I start the task I have to do a 'take 5' which is another short generic risk assessment for pre task safety and type these up that also doesn't include the method statement I need to complete if I'm working on heavy machinery :S

Yeh..we wait till he's Fked off as he's only here 3 days but he follows us around like a limpet..good greif!!!..
" if any of those boxes aint ticked you dont do the task..gotta protect the stupid!! "....I'm gonna swing for him I swear..lol!

He's a new guy, probably trying to justify why he has the job. He will be finding more and more things for you to sign. He will also have to cover his arse now as he will get the blame if there are any accidents and there isn't a encyclopaedia of H&S paper work filled out, in triplicate.

Have to agree with tearing up the generic RA that covers every job as it would need to be 50 pages long to cover everything.

But have to have 5 signatures for a RA is bonkers

Trouble is the H&S in this place has got so stupid that if we need contractors in they tend to run away screaming with the mere thought never to darken our factory again unless the rumours of alien abduction are true :S

Reply to Standards Manager? HSE in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net