Discuss startreck the crafts relays in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

You do know that there are reflectors that we put on the moon, that we use to monitor its position?
You can do things without computers you know. Look up the V2 rocket.

lunatic

NOUN

A person who is mentally ill (not in technical use).

1.1An extremely foolish or eccentric person:this lunatic just won't stop posting gibberish on internet forums

ADJECTIVE

Back to top 1Mentally ill (not in technical use):a ward of lunatic old men who are occasionally allowed supervised use of the internet

1.1Extremely foolish or eccentric:he appears to be under the belief of some lunatic theories

Origin

Middle English: from Old French lunatique, from late Latin lunaticus, from Latin luna 'moon' (from the belief that changes of the moon caused intermittent insanity).

• loon from [late 19th century]:
    This word for ‘a silly person’ comes from the North American loon (mid 17th century), a large water bird also known as a diver. It gets its name from its distinctive cry. The sense silly is from the bird's actions when escaping from danger; perhaps influenced by loony, a mid 19th-century abbreviation of lunatic (Middle English) from Latinluna ‘moon. In the past people thought that the phases of the moon could affect people.

ah, but. if the moon landings were real, the astronauts would have shared a 6 pack of moon beer ( 2% ) before returning and, being americans, on that small amount of alcohol, would have been completely pi$$ed and missed earth by 200,000 miles, eventually landing on uranus , ( or their anuses).

That's my attempt at humour.

He is right but the kind of loon who thinks there was no lunar landing wears a tinfoil hat to stop the government spying on them / aliens reading their minds etc.

Ooooh I'm an expert at this! Contrary to what its name suggests, tinfoil these days are usually made of aluminum rather than tin. Al atoms lose their valence electrons when struck with electromagnetic radiation to form Al[SUP]3+[/SUP] ions. The free electrons will then jam the signals and prevent anything from mind control to mind reading. And as you know, you can't get tin foil out of the box without it getting all crinkled. That's why Foil Deflection Helmets, called FDH's by those of us in the know, are so effective. They form a sub-atomic crinkle lattice structure that completely scrambles alien mind-zap beams and confuses the creatures themselves. The metal helmet in X-Men that Magneto wears so that Professor X can't read his thoughts? That helmet is made of tinfoil. And by the way, we need pictures of ayjay wearing his helmet or it never happened.:biggrin:

Well, I got a notification of a post on this thread but my login had expired. As a result I got it from post one in all it's Ayjay glory (or should that be gory?)
Just for the record Ayjay-
Increase
Klingons
That's just 2 of your numerous spelling mistakes.
Clown

being able to spell is not a prerequisite of becoming a clown. good job, eh?

Reply to startreck the crafts relays in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net