Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then follow this link https://www.electriciansforums.co.uk/forums/apply-to-gain-access-to-trainee-only-forum.60/ The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss stereo and bell timer in the Commercial Electrical Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Lukethoma1985

Lukethoma1985 Regular EF Member

Hi all. Hope your all having a good day. Does anyone know a timer that will operate to work a bell or siren with a stereo. To turn off the stereo and sound a bell for breaktime. Im having trouble. I cant find one that will work both. Thankyou. Luke

2. HandySparks

HandySparks Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    Going to post this a fourth time?

3. Archy Styrigg

Archy Styrigg Electrician's Arms

Think C, NO & NC.

4. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    every good contactor should have them.

5. Lukethoma1985

Sorry about posting it a few times, ive just downloaded the app on my phone and couldnt see the post. Think C, NO & NC ???

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    common, normally open, normally closed. magical thingies that switch things on and off when you apply or remove voltages from the coil/s. are you a spark?

7. Lukethoma1985

Yh ive not been on here for a while, i dont think ive explained very clear. I knew what the NO and NC are because i do a few bugular alarms i.e. tamper usually NC but not sure how that would work. Bell needs to sound for a couple of seconds then music starts at start of shift throughtout the day then bell sounds and music stops at break time. Danfoss do a timer (pulse) but only works 1-15 seconds so good for bell but not stereo. They do another one which minimum time is 15 seconds so no good for the bell.

8. plugsandsparks

plugsandsparks Electrician's Arms

Have replied to your post no3 i think, in general stuff. The grasslin will sound the bell for a minute so i guess thats no good. Looks like being a timeclock then :-