Discuss Strange / Scary Experiences in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,

Have worked in quite a few Asylums in the past.
One place was a secure unit for young tearaway teenagers ( not an Asylum this one ). Anyhow, the bulbs were always blowing and had to be replaced. We were told the 'inmates' used to stand on a chair , break the lamp and there was just enough life left in the filament to light a cigarette. They weren't allowed matches and everything was covered by 10mA rcd's.
Regards.

Similar to the above, I used to work occasionally in an " approved school" type place, and the caretaker there had to go round tightening the switch terminals as the kids used to loosen them and let them arc to light their ciggys

Went to a complex of care buildings a while back. Was like a mini hospital complex. There was 4 different buildings ranging from the elderly who need a bit of help to full on nutters. They had a fire alarm that covered the entire complex of buildings and the alarm had gone off in the one abandoned building on site which was the nut house until the local council moved them all to another site.
Went in in the dark, found the panel to see displayed on it 1 of 1 fire - mortuary. At this point i thought sod this. It really was becoming a bit of a horror film. Went down there to find an old trolley in there had hit a call point and set it off. No one had been into the building in days apparently which i could fully believe looking at the state of it.
Why the hell they had a mortuary in there is beyond me considering the size of the site but it really was all like a setup horror scene. I don't believe in ghosts and all that sort of rubbish but that night really pushed me a bit closer to believing they existed!

Some 25 years ago as a surveyor in London was Doing a Right to Buy survey in a 2 storey block of flats. Large evil looking stain on kitchen ceiling. No answer from upstairs no one seen tenant etc. had flat opened up to find tenant had died and basically melted through the floor boards and into plaster ceiling. Can still remember it even now.

Me grandad got cursed by a gypsy on a bus when he was 17,and true to her word,over the next 94 years,one by one,he lost every one of his teeth...scares come from the livin',not the dead...

The only way you can stop some people is by puttinf interlocks incto stop them getting to it without turning it off
Yes, that seems the obvious option but not entirely practicable in that case for various reasons.

The equipment was in a locked substation with access only to electrical staff.
The guy who got injured was the mill electrical engineer and had been there all his working life.
The warnings were there, training had been given, comprehensive manuals, the whole nine yards.

But he got in a bit of a hurry.......production, it seems, waits for no man.
And he paid a heavy price.

I believe I saw a UFO once but that is for another thread lol

This my wife took from our back door.:

July12batch06UFOsighting_zpsdfa82737.jpg

First job after leaving school worked in a sports centre. End of the night walked along passage, past squash courts to check fire doors were secure. Turned off all lights in squash courts, which all had one full glass wall and started walking back to reception. While walking I clearly heard the sound of trainers squeaking as they hit the wooden floor, also could clearly hear squash balls being hit and bouncing off the walls.. I ran..really ducking fast!

No one could have been down there of that I am certain.

Found out that some fella had a fatal heart attack a couple of weeks before I started. Died in the court apparently. Finishing off his last game by the sound of it.. Hope he won it!

I don't believe in owt supernatural, including religious stuff and am VERY scientific and Darwinian about life. But this throws a spanner in the works I tell you!

Back end of last year a woman was attacked in her own home by her boyfriends dog and was killed (it was on national news, you may have seen it), this happened a few streets away from where I live and I've bumped into her at the local shops and on the street like you do.

A sparky friend called me asking if he could borrow my 3ft drill bit because he forgot his, says he is working around the corner so I walked the few streets to drop it off to him. Well it was only the house she was horrifically killed in! Very strange standing in the living room looking at the bleached cleaned floor where she died and also where the dog was shot by the police. That put a chill down my spine.

Working in Sierra Leone think that how you spell it had some local guys to give me a hand to TT some of the ex pats houses, 3 of them turned up one with all the kit, and two with AKs just incase, incase of what I asked you don't want to know was the reply fastest install I ever did matey, I can tell you. That's was a scary place.

Working in Sierra Leone think that how you spell it had some local guys to give me a hand to TT some of the ex pats houses, 3 of them turned up one with all the kit, and two with AKs just incase, incase of what I asked you don't want to know was the reply fastest install I ever did matey, I can tell you. That's was a scary place.

my old work mate worked in sierra leone with an aid agency,.......he once told me how they arrived at a town to supply a school room and care centre,....so everything from text books to bandages,...the townsfolk were true hosts, bringing local pastries, drinks, helping where they could,.....

then when it came time to leave, a local criminal boss showd up with his mob, all armed and apparently high on crank,......the aid workers were then told that they owed the boss $1000 U.S each, for the food, drinks, and for the "privilege"....of working in HIS town....seems the "friendly" locals had been keeping tabs, and apparently a bottle of juice was $50,....etc etc...

soon after they left, after negotiations, the school room and care centre were robbed, and destroyed......

....nice eh ?

Are you mad!!!

There is a slightly more serious point but that can wait for another day/thread.
OK. It's another day.

The picture was accidental but I posted it on a thread (elsewhere) about UFOs and I'd previously commented about no clear pictures of reported sightings. I came across the pic when I was downloading others from the wee camera and posted it, tongue-in-cheek as an example of UFOs.

Well, I got roundly lambasted for "faking" pics and much more. Some people seriously believe almost anything to do with UFOs, alien visits, abductions and such. I think they might have been just a bit ticked off when it was shown how easily they could be fooled.

Oh, yes, the real thing in the daylight.......it's a solar LED garden light with three of these:

July12batch01004_zpsf822ba18.jpg

It amused me anyway.................:grinningelf:

Only last week pete, We were on an old house in sheffield i was working at the top of the cellar steps when i felt someone watching me , so i turned quickly to look down the stairs to see a shadow dissapearing out of sight, then about an hour later the lad asked if i was in the cellar , no i said im in kitchen why, because i could swear i just saw you walk accross the cellar!!!, there were 2 floor boards up in the dining room so you could see through the gap to the cellar. we spent the rest of the day like bloody scooby doo and shaggy!!

What was that then, eating everything in sight

Lots of spooky houses in Cornwall I am working in one on Friday I first worked on 22 years ago when I rewired it as a young sparky,
The original occupant has now moved out she swears its haunted but moved out or other reasons, when you are there it is an unpleasant aptmosphere and you hear voices and noises when you are alone the other day I was in there with the agent and we both heard keys rattling

Lots of spooky houses in Cornwall I am working in one on Friday I first worked on 22 years ago when I rewired it as a young sparky,
The original occupant has now moved out she swears its haunted but moved out or other reasons, when you are there it is an unpleasant aptmosphere and you hear voices and noises when you are alone the other day I was in there with the agent and we both heard keys rattling

Take your mate with you. lol

Reply to Strange / Scary Experiences in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net