Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

stroma

Discussion in 'Business Related' started by LH ELECTRICAL, Mar 24, 2013.

Discuss stroma in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. LH ELECTRICAL

LH ELECTRICAL Guest

Are any of you guys with stroma? Got my assessment on Thursday just wondered if they was any good? I was with napit but this year couldn't afford the fees with these 5ww taking all work can't seem to beat there quotes. Been sat at home for the past 3 weeks

2. Jay Sparks

Jay Sparks Trusted Advisor

To be honest, I thought Stroma was just for people in Scotland. If id have known they were for us aswell, I may have looked into them. I think there abit cheaper than the other three and as you say, its blinking expensive. What can/cant you do if you register with Stroma? Are they the same as Elecsa, Napit etc, only cheaper?

Jay

3. LH ELECTRICAL

LH ELECTRICAL Guest

There exactly same I think, just not known as much? Just hoping I don't lose work over it due to them not being known.

4. Jay Sparks

But your already loosing work due to the 5ww doing it for min wage. At least with Stroma your not paying as much as the other scams. Ive been with Elecsa for just over a year and Ive only been asked once if I was registered and it went something like, "so, are you part thingy qualified??", after taking 10 min to explain that part thingy is not a qualification, its a building reg, I am now just gonna say "yeah" and crack on.lol. So, I suppose, as long as you can notify your work, then you shouldnt loose work coz of it.

Jay

5. LH ELECTRICAL

LH ELECTRICAL Guest

True jay, il give stroma a go saves me 200 a year

6. Jay Sparks

Wish I had known about them a few months ago before I renewed with Elecsa!!! If we must be registered with a scam, it may aswell be with the cheapest one.lol

7. LH ELECTRICAL

LH ELECTRICAL Guest

Lol. That's all the government seem to do take as much off the working man and give to the rich. They should be just one registration body and free

8. leegration

leegration EF Member

Have any of you guys got anymore info on Stroma ? Been thinking about going with them recently, but want to get some more info first.. Are there any restrictions with them that the big dogs offer ? Or is it all the same, but cheaper ? Thanks in advance

9. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    afaik, they same as the others but cheaper. you notify through them the same. the only drawback is if you tender for work with, say, councils who insist in niceic.

10. Welchyboy1

Welchyboy1 Electrician's Arms

5 ww stealing all your work, least its not all the polish immigrants getting the blame nowadays

if your struggling to find £400 per year (£7 per week), and sitting at home for 3 weeks at a time with no work, then you need to rip up your current business plan and have a rethink

theres a big hint in the part 'sitting at home' with no work, and de-valuing your image by dropping napit to save a few quid is not gonna help in the long term, most insurance companies now recognise napit eicrs they wont with stroma they dont even cover eicrs in their scope

Assuming your own prices are reasonable value then, if you are really losing work to people trained in a few weeks undercutting you, then you either have......

A, the wrong type of customers

B, the wrong image, attitude and/or approach to pricing for work

C, unable to offer anything more that a quick course installer(in which case crack on and join stroma)

11. SPARTYKUS

SPARTYKUS Trusted Advisor

When I do EICRs I don't involve anyone else expect my paper, my pen, and my qualifications....? Being in a scam is irrelevant if you are doing inspctions. Because its a report, not notifiable work. Only other requirement is PI insurance.

think you've been led down a path there.