Discuss Supplier issues in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
Thought we'd try Rexel again having turned our back on them after a multitude of delivery issues. Placed an order on their website yet hadn't noticed that a couple of the items were out of stock (it's not exactly clear on their website). Rather than contacting us to tell us that they hadn't got some of the stuff, they simply sent out what they had. There then followed a 2 hour pointless journey to site to find we were missing said items.

Rang them up and had an incredibly frustrating conversation with one of their guys. The delivery issue was annoying but the attitude of this guy was terrible. It'll be the last of my money they ever see. Yes, Rexel are a big company and we obviously are not so I'm sure it won't bother them. By their attitude, that certainly seems to be the case.

I run a very small company doing solar supplies and therefore I have to respond 100% every time or lose customers as we don't have lots of staff to handle peaks. However we do have main suppliers who we have supply agreements with as of course we don't hold millions in stock. I can work 24/7 as it is my company so I respond directly to customers and sort out what is needed BUT using third parties in the supply chain is where it all goes wrong. I can guarantee my problems arise from couriers who break or lose roughly 15-20% of my stock when it's bad and also suppliers who send out the wrong item or don't send anything at all. Customer is unhappy and I lose out through no fault of mine. Suppliers I use are very reactive and resolve issues very quickly but if it's late it's late and no good for a customer on site.
Big companies should hold stock under their control so less excuse not to deliver but still it is the logistic chain that is key. As regards couriers they just don't care as we are the collateral damage (small company) that can be ignored. No excuse for not being polite and apologetic on the phone though as that is just ignorant.

Rexel - complete nightmare. Cock up every delivery. In contrast Baywa.re really helpful, pick up on mistakes I've made when ordering, help out when I can't find MCS numbers - can't fault them. I use Alternergy for other bits and pieces and never had any issues with them either - again sending me queries if they think I've missed something off. Rexel prices aren't even that competitve.

Yeah, main problems tend to be with the couriers. Amazes me how stock can leave a warehouse and then there is no way for us to track where it is. Also amazes me how often delivery drivers get lost.

To be fair, this issue was with their clumsy website. Guy on the phone acknowledged that it wasn't up to scratch but didn't explain why we didn't get a phone call explaining that they were missing stock. This is why I don't like online ordering. I'd rather speak to a human being.

Alternergy - used to use them a lot but we were let down badly during the mad rush in 2011. Attitude of one of their guys was diabolical, pretty much shrugging the issue off and talking to us like we were idiots. We've only used them here and there since. EH Smith are excellent but their prices are just a little too high. Their customer service is A1 and they've not let us down once yet.

We too have had problems with Them every time we used them. Kits not turning up 3 times! Then promised it the next day, all guys waiting on site... It doesn't turn up again! Literally the worst company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with! I ordered an immersun 2 from their site recently it took payment then couple days later get a call to say they didn't have any, but could they send one in 2 days, ok that's fine. 2 days later a wireless adaptor for the immersun turns up! Haha what a complete joke

Yeah, main problems tend to be with the couriers. Amazes me how stock can leave a warehouse and then there is no way for us to track where it is. Also amazes me how often delivery drivers get lost.

To be fair, this issue was with their clumsy website. Guy on the phone acknowledged that it wasn't up to scratch but didn't explain why we didn't get a phone call explaining that they were missing stock. This is why I don't like online ordering. I'd rather speak to a human being.

Alternergy - used to use them a lot but we were let down badly during the mad rush in 2011. Attitude of one of their guys was diabolical, pretty much shrugging the issue off and talking to us like we were idiots. We've only used them here and there since. EH Smith are excellent but their prices are just a little too high. Their customer service is A1 and they've not let us down once yet.
thats rubbish especially when ups etc have trackers and it updates constantly.

im kind of biased towards hermes but thats because i know the driver and i pick it up off his wife who has a terminal lol.

totally worth buying them drinks every now and again

Anyone had any dealings with the Edmundson Greentech branches, apparently local stock holdings with local service, nationwide?

Reply to Supplier issues in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net