Discuss Suspended ceiling brackets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rappid

-
Reaction score
I've been asked to move the existing lighting and put some new lights in a shop, customer has brought the fluorscent lights, I did suggest modulars but looks like they want to do it on the cheap. The existing lights are drilled and screwed to the framework of the suspended ceiling, are there brackets I can use to attach the lights to the framework instead of drilling.

Thanks.

butterfly clips. they twist onto the grid and have a 6mm pin coming down. clip on. fitting up, 2 nuts, job done.

any wholesaler, they come in packets of 25, that makes me laugh as most lights need 2, so you can install 12 and a half lights haha.

nah. 12 lights allowing for 1 to be dropped and never found...... always happens.

It seems you’re after ‘Tee bar clips’ for suspended ceiling grids. There are a few different designs as shown below;

96980.jpg658593.jpgEM56520XXX_AC.jpg

Attachments

• 658593.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 86
What would you say the reference method is for twin and earth installed above a suspended grid ceiling? Just the twin sheathed behind the plaster down to the switches, all other cable is above suspended ceiling. As commonly seen threaded through cable ties spaced along the higher original ceiling

What would you say the reference method is for twin and earth installed above a suspended grid ceiling? Just the twin sheathed behind the plaster down to the switches, all other cable is above suspended ceiling. As commonly seen threaded through cable ties spaced along the higher original ceiling
I think Installation method B if close to the ceiling and E if well away from the ceiling.

Reply to Suspended ceiling brackets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net