Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss System Design Help in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Regular EF Member

Hi Guys

I am designing a system for an east west array using 8 x REC 240PE modules on each side of the roof and was proposing to use a Power One PVI3.6OUTD inverter, splitting the array over the two MMP trackers. Could anyone please confirm for me that this would be a good configuration as I have have not used this make of inverter before.

Thanks

Jez

2. solarcat

solarcat Regular EF Member

Hi Jez,

yes, this is a good configuration, the two MPPT trackers of the PVI 3.6 will allow the two arrays to work independently.

3. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Regular EF Member

Thanks for your advice, it is really appreciated.

4. FB.

FB. Electrician's Arms

Yes, two strings of 8x250W(ish) panels into a dual MPPT Power One is an excellent configuration.

Power One offer a configuration tool here, where you input inverter and panel type/rating:
    Power-One String Tool

5. SolarCity

SolarCity Electrician's Arms

Assuming, of course, that the voltage and current of the strings is suitable.