Discuss Table in middle of room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys

Customer wants a supply to a large table in the center of a room only 2 double sockets. Timber A frame roof above about 6ft. Any advice about the best way of going about it i was thinking switched fuse spur in roof and flex running inside some kind of chrome tube down to the table.

Any chance of going through the floor or have they already put the expensive solid oak flooring down, I know bit of a stupid question but have to ask.

2" dairy pipe from ceiling to floor just past one corner of the table securely fixed either end feeding some floor sockets (with the wee flappy covers)....add some lights near the top.....can then be a dual purpose unit,supply pipe for sockets/lights then for those nights when there's nothing on TV you move the table aside and viola you go a dancing pole...

Under the floor before tiles were fitted would've been the ideal route, hanging anything from ceiling to table without some sort of lighting arrangement involved may look odd

Its a commercial environment its a folding table in a laundry where they want a computer to book orders out! Was thinking some sort of large chrome pole to be able to run network cable's down aswell!

Is the table fixed to the floor, if not you can't use a tube unless it's self supporting i.e. fixed to the floor at the side of the table.

Roof is only 6ft above, what's the room for, Teddy Bear picnics?

Edited after later post.

As it's a laundry and not a fixed table, Unistrut with sockets fixed to it

I'd use 2" stainless steel dairy tube! then run my cables in that! mount a stainless steel plate for sockets/network points! bolted to ceiling and table! i'd use stainless steel instead of unistrut due to the possibility of any damp in a laundry!

2" stainless Dairy tube has the same effect of your chrome pole! the pole/tube will be very sturdy! quite easy to get hold of aswell!

Ackermann Hangmann overhead power module
thumb_Hang 1 p.jpg

Again this goes down to cost but what about a power post. These are fixed at roof and floor height and are deemed to be semi permanent. They can easily be bought online or via cef or other well known outlets.

Reply to Table in middle of room in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net