Discuss Tax return allowance what to put through in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Reece1202

Hi all I'm self employed electrical improver what would you put through for food and drink while at work and working away is there an amount the tax man allows per day ? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it is true , but a past accountant told me that if it was out of the hours worked by the tax man , it was considered to be claimable !? Having said that he is a past accountant for a reason .

Hi all I'm self employed electrical improver what would you put through for food and drink while at work and working away is there an amount the tax man allows per day ? Thanks

Why as self employed do you think you are allowed to claim for food and drink at work otherwise the people who are PAYE would be asking why they cannot claim as well which as far as I know are not allowed to claim .

Why as self employed do you think you are allowed to claim for food and drink at work otherwise the people who are PAYE would be asking why they cannot claim as well which as far as I know are not allowed to claim .

PAYE: If your employer causes you to be away from home to generate income for them, you would claim expenses form your employer.

If you are working nights it is reasonable to claim £10 a night for food and drink the tax man has never had a problem with it when i have claimed it

Reply to Tax return allowance what to put through in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have injured my back and I feel it is only going to get worse over the years. My plan is to get a lad to help out 2 days a week. I'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m currently in full time employment and want to start doing jobs on the side, obviously non notifiable ones as I couldn’t justify...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm looking at booking myself on the 2391. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever done the course online and then done the 2 day exam. If...
Replies
Views
I have just started paying into a private pension. I pay in £500 p/month, the government tops it up by £125, which relates to the tax. Every year...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. It would be really useful to run this past you and get a consensus/input from you for what would be a realistic amount to charge for an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock