Discuss Team e5 & SparkyNinja Amendment 2 webinar (and a little NICEIC pdf) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Esteemed
Reaction score
For those interested; SparkyNinja & Team e5 have uploaded the video from last night's Amendment 2 event webinar that they held to discuss Amendment 2.

You can see that video here;

Ypu can also see a handy little guide from NICEIC that talks about the changes

TL;DR
Some Amendment 2 resources

Attachments

• 16pp-TS-booklet.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
Much as I'd like to listen to their thoughts, 2 1/2 hours isn't the sort of spare time most people can find down the side of a sofa.
It's a pity these videos are so drawn out that they become unwatchable, as I'm sure there's useful info in there somewhere. They could easily be condensed into something a fraction of the time, without losing anything important

Nothing better to do so wading through it.

There is plenty of good knowledge in there, and between them they have an incredible amount of real world and theoretical experience. But it does make a for a very long video which isn't that much use for referring back to at any point.

I see their videos more as CPD or training than useful guides.

And sometimes their expertise and position in the industry doesn't always let them understand the realities of working in certain parts of the domestic and rented sector, though I recognise that comes from a desire to raise standards generally.

They do call out appliance manufacturers a lot to be fair, as well as the people who sit in their committee rooms and write this stuff every few years.

So far only one (minor) error in the published book it seems, so that's progress at least!

I take your point about the length of the webinars when put on YouTube.

Team e5 and eFixx do, as you say, have a massive wealth of knowledge between them, I can see thr comment about reigning it in a while (in terms of length) but they have always said from the outset that e5 stuff is just a bunch of mates shooting the ----, engaging in technical debate and just recording it. While they could benefit from shorter videos (or even chopping videos up (beyond time jump links in thr description - If they don't do that I'll put it to them), I don't think there's their style; SparkyNinja and John Ward tend to run shorter (20-45min) content on thier individual channels however.

eFixx on the other hand set out, from thr outset to build on thr shorter format that Gaz and Joe have used successfully in thier channels. I do (at times) feel they're just parading the latest and greatest kot/gadget/innovation and becoming an Electrical version of QVC; now if they did follow ups 6-12 months down the line, once thr financial incentives (if any) have lapsed, then I'd probably watch it more, as it is I only watch thrm now for the noncommercial (I.e show and tell of latest gadgets) content as that still harks back to thier pr-eFixx roots.

Reply to Team e5 & SparkyNinja Amendment 2 webinar (and a little NICEIC pdf) in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net