Discuss Telephone point and Comms cab in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have an office with a comms cabinet with Cat6 cable running around the building. Will I be able to connect a landline at the points where there is a Cat6 or would this have to be a separate cable/install

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/...MImZuVkfi-7QIVT_BRCh2Z5Q2eEAQYAiABEgKxLPD_BwE

you will need to wire phone line (after master socket) to a spare rj45 socket in the coms rack
patch from there to the outlet you want the phone plugged in

then use line adapter listed above
So I've just been instructed by the client to upgrade from cat 5 to cat 6. The client arranged for BT to come and do their bit which has been done. I have then just ran cat 6 to the points the client asked for, will the clients IT guy be able to sort it from this? Im thinking from what you have said they should be fine?

Reply to Telephone point and Comms cab in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Has anyone got any experience with Lemo jacks and sound powered phones? Our supplier can't provide us with anything pre-installed with a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I am replacing some cat5e cable with cat6a shielded in a large building. I have noticed the cabinets are NOT earthed and the electrical...
Replies
Views
One client asking me to replace two one gang existing RJ45 data socket . One of them have to replaced with 4 gang and another one gang replace...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Just first fixing fixing a new build and master BT point needs to be in the basement plant room/ next to rack. BT incomer is overhead...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, I am currently working on a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) consisting of 10 flats, with three parking spots equipped with...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock