Discuss Tender Questionnaire in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Keith_F

Our company are currently tendering for an electrical rewire contract and are having to complete an ITT Questionnaire as part of the tender. Part of the questionnaire relates to Site Waste Management Plans and how they are to be implemented. The full question is as follows:-

Please detail how you will develop Site Waste Management Plans for planned maintenance sites. Please give information on how will you apply the Waste Hierarchy in order to minimise waste production. Please detail what percentage of waste produced will be recycled and what percentage will go to landfill. Please detail how you will achieve these percentages providing examples from past contracts as evidence. Please give details on how you plan to improve on these percentages. Within your response you should cover the following points - procedures that you carry out on site and across the organisation in order to reduce the generation of waste and energy consumption, how you segregate/recycle the resultant waste and training provided to staff.

Do any of you have site waste management plans, and can offer any advice on what we are supposed to answer here? The main waste I envisage would be cable cuttings, plaster debris (chasing out), cardboard/plastic packaging etc...

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

id say if you hired a skip in from someone like biffa,tho local waste companies may be cheaper it all goes in the skip and they will sort out the correct disposal of cable etc,then they should be able to give the company all the correct paperwork re-wee and landfill etc,im sure its been disscused on here about carrying waste in co vans etc withoutg the appropriate licence

Keith, Site Waste Management Plans are a statutory requirement and have been for some while now, so it may be that somewhere in your company someone has already completed one for a job. If not then it is pretty straightforward ,you just need to answer the questions posed. Every one is individual to the job. You are going about this the right way. Identify the waste that will be generated ( you have listed some) including packaging. Bear in mind that they are looking for detail i.e. percentages. They are also asking about waste generation, energy consumption and recycling across your whole organisation as well as the site. Does your company have a Policy which sets targets for these items? If so that should also be included. Good Luck!

Thanks for your replies.

After sitting down and thinking about it last night I just wrote out what we actually do on site on a day to day basis, and it answered all the questions. Stuff we just take forgranted as being part of the job these days like saving fuel, reusing materials where possible etc...

I think I was just a little overwhelmed at the way they asked the question in the questionnaire, but really it's all common sense.

Thanks again

Reply to Tender Questionnaire in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net