Discuss Testers in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

RJT_94

-
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a decent 17th edition part p tester,I am still in college on a level 3 course and thinking of getting a tester to get use to testing and etc. I am also thinking about building a sort of test/mock up board in my work shop with cu and so on.
I have been work as an electricians mate but at the moment unemployed, while I was working as a mate we used a kt65 witch I found very easy to use but can’t rely afford one at the moment, so looking for a less expensive tester for the short term could anyone recommend anything the kt 65 is around £600 am looking to spend around £400 I’ve been looking at a Metrel mi3100 eurotest easi £379

Cheers.

I do like the kew tech stuff as its what they use in college and when it comes to doing my test and inspect course (what ever number/course they decide to call it then!) is what i will most proberly be using kt stuff. not rely got a penny to put to a pound at the moment just looking for somthing that i would be wanting to get in the next 2 or 3 months.

I have a Megger but there was a discussion about this about a month ago and the Metrel was getting good reviews so I would say buy a new Metrel with its calibration and warranty then upgrade later if you want remember dont get hung up on names ie Fluke or Megger

And like Trigger Look after your broom.............................................................

The Metrel MI3000 Eurotest Easi Plus is a very good budget MFT putting a lot of more expensive MFTs to shame. This tester gives you the most 'bang for your buck' (not literally), the learning curve is gentle and it’s easy to use and reliable. Anybody starting out on a restricted budget or looking for their first tester, that also has advanced features for when they have gained experience, would do well to seriously consider buying one. One minor criticism, the Metrel instruction manual can confuse novices by the odd English used in places (lost in translation from the original Slovene). Any difficulties, just post a question on the forum, myself or one of the other members is likely to know the answer.
[FONT=&amp]An alternative budget MFT which punches above its price is the Di-log 9083P, which most find easy to use and reliable. But to me, it’s just not quite as pleasing to use as the Metrel MI3000.
Both of these MFTs are within you budget and are available from our forum sponsors Test-Meter with a 5% discount for forum members.
17th Edition Multifunction Testers and Part P Test Equipment
[/FONT]

Has anyone got a megger mft1710? slightly over budget but take into acount 5% off for fourm members its not to bad only thing is it dont do a auto rcd test. how much diffrence is in doing in manual do you just have to select each stage eg half x 1x and 5x? and what is it like to use would you recomend it ?

(thinking about buying once and buying somthing i would be looking to use long term instead of a budget model, that said, the metrel mi3000 is stilll a very strong contender!)

narrowed down to metrel i3000 or metrel i3100, kt64, and megger mft1710

how do you claim the 5% off for fourm members?

Thanks

Last edited:

Reply to Testers in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net