Discuss Testing the main in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pjb1

Have been asked to run the mains to two porta cabins, the main supply is behind the cabins in a small brick hut. These porta cabins are fully installed, consumer unit,sockets,lights,etc.
My thinking is to supply the cabins using 3core 6mm SWA, Not sure of the mains themselves be it TNS or TNCS. My understanding is if tns I connect up as normal live,neutral,earth. If tncs then it's Live neutral leave out the earth. And from the consumer unit run a 10mm earth conductor to an earth spike outside make the cabins a tt installation,
Thoughts on this Please.

And what about testing do I carry out testing on the main which I've Installed or am I responsible for carrying out testing on the Installation in the cabins?

If this is a building site supply there should be a pdu (which you connect to ) which is rcd protected this should be earthed EDF will not provide pme temp supplies to building sites check you el and do a proper risk assement you will have to provide a cert when completed

Bugsy
The site is a training camp and the units are being used for the people to gather, sit about eat sandwiches etc They call them a communal units

Reply to Testing the main in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Currently I have a Henley block which has 2 consumer units. 1 of these CU feeds a garden supply and garage. Out in the garden which is fed by a...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views
Please can someone explain if this is a TNCS or a TNS earthing arrangement because it looks like both to me. Old undersized main bonding conductor...
Replies
Views
Afternoon All, Just pricing up a job and thought I'd pick your brains. Quick run-down, Block of Flats with an underground car park. In the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock