Discuss The van sticker FIASCO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fog

Hi to everyone
Well just changed scheme operator for financial reasons.
Thought i will get some new van stickers. THIS IS WHERE THE FIASCO STARTS.
Being a proud competent electrician, you cant beat a few van stickers to tell people
1)who you are name phone number etc
2) your a registered electrician
3)the scheme you are with
The more i investigated the more confusing this was.
A short period ago there was
1) electrical safety register( niceic/elecsa/eca)
2)electrical safe register( by napit but as i understand it for all registered electricians)
Well which sticker shall i put on van to say i am a registered electrician, after much thought, by me and the idiots in control)
well if i put electrical safe register sticker, with electrical safety register sticker how confusing this is for me let alone general public
So to my amazement the government has got involved, and actually , put us all under THE REGISTERED COMPETENT PERSON ELECTRICAL (register)
my question is: does anybody know where we can get van stickers from, showing the symbol on the website, or is this still being sorted by the scheme operators and government. which could be a long time

You do not say with whom you are registered but Elecsa and presumably NICEIC have the logo available as a van decal or electronic logo like this
RCP_ELECSA_logo.jpg
just log on to their website and look for registered competent person.

Why bother? Unless it’s another electrician that sees your van, no one has a clue what the various schemes are or what they do. (Or don’t do being more pertinent.)

I totally accept that you are potentially putting yourself in a slightly more vulnerable position having signage, but there is an element of it looking more professional pulling up in a sign written van than a plain one.

Personally, for me, I would rather take the risk.

I totally accept that you are potentially putting yourself in a slightly more vulnerable position having signage, but there is an element of it looking more professional pulling up in a sign written van than a plain one.

Personally, for me, I would rather take the risk.

SLIGHTLY more??!!!

THAT is a masterclass of understatement if ever I saw one! ;)

it all depends where you live I guess, if you live in a dump and have to park your van on the road with no form of protection then maybe..

I park mine in a secure position.

Put a gas safe sticker on your van. Thiefs will walk past thinking it's just full of crowbars and lump hammers :)

I decided not to get my van signwritten.

Did think about getting a magnetic sign "Painter and Decorator" or "Pest Control" as a deterrent when parking in dodgy places (car park of one of the sheds, for example).

Reply to The van sticker FIASCO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net