Discuss Things that have made you chuckle at work!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worked on a site with a old joiner that did metric/imperial measurements on on length of wood , wondered what on earth was going on 2'6" and 200mm , what on earth until i spoke to his m8 when he was out to get some wood , he would use imperial from left to right and metric right to left , cause thats how his tape measure worked ???????

But he always cut the right length ......

Jamie

It’s always made me chuckle. 10½ inches of 25mm conduit, 30yds of 35mm SWA.

I’ve still got a 1 chain (22yds) tape measure. Now that would blow an apprentices mind.

Semi skilled benchwork, I get hidden in a corner and told to read this American defense (sic) manual, torque measurements (I think) in foot/ kilograms

Working in a victorian flour mill as an apprentice with one of improvers/almost qualified lads, who has a wooden toolbox for his "big tools" which he is very proud of (made it at school) the mill is five floors and we are working right at the top, so he places said tool box on the sack hoist and sends me up the rickety wooden stairs to open the backflaps on each floor (for those of you not familiar with back flaps the hoist hauls up a 2ft square hole which has non return valves on each floor consisting of a couple of boards with leather hinges which tilt up as a sack passes and drop closed again for safety) I open all the flaps and get back down to the third floor, shout down and he starts the hoist.toolbox and contents rises about two feet, the screws attaching the handle pull out of the wood, and the box returns to the flloor whils the handle and the hoist rope shoots up to the fifth and birdsnests round the hoist drum. When we had all stopped laughing we realised the mill foreman was not amused! and first job was to sort the hoist out. It is all converted into flats now. but still has the hoist in the loft. Happy days.

When I worked as a receptionist in a Car showroom, the company used to service the fleet of hearses for the local funeral company. One day, the resident joker, (Car salesman) decided to liven things up a bit, so when the mechanic took a hearse out on road test, he lay down in the back........... yes........ he chose to sit up suddenly as they drove through a busy shopping centre.! Apparently, the funeral director's switchboard was jammed. :waving:

why are stiffs always so funny? ;-) xx

Hello Harness 69, so.......here's us hoping you are a female.......otherwise its, well I .....what I'm getting at is I hope with a username like that and a set of pink cuffs as a avatar pic.......this isn't a case of surrogates or Gamer movie going on here....you know what I mean....the rollerblades.....the shame of it all.....:innocent:

Hello Harness 69, so.......here's us hoping you are a female.......otherwise its, well I .....what I'm getting at is I hope with a username like that and a set of pink cuffs as a avatar pic.......this isn't a case of surrogates or Gamer movie going on here....you know what I mean....the rollerblades.....the shame of it all.....:innocent:

the guys on here are great, all so friendly, and i am learning sparks things too! bonus! xx

If you ask nicely we'll teach you all about electrophilia!

Archy!
You old perv

giggle2.gif

I got the blame for some muddy footprints in a clients house (was the chippies) so the builder sent me off to get the client some flowers to smooth things over, stupidly I agreed bought a big ol bunch of flowers and had to present them to her in front of about 20 blokes, all cracking up at me. CRINGE

Reply to Things that have made you chuckle at work!! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net