Discuss Thinking of ditching niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't see how the assessment is compatible between the two....
As an NICEIC approved contractor we have to show 5 different jobs picked by the assessor from ten. Not two circuits!!
We get a lot of work from being NIC approved contractors and some of which I didn't have a clue that's why they chose us other another until years on!
so don't be to hasty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see how the assessment is compatible between the two....
As an NICEIC approved contractor we have to show 5 different jobs picked by the assessor from ten. Not two circuits!!
We get a lot of work from being NIC approved contractors and some of which I didn't have a clue that's why they chose us other another until years on!
so don't be to hasty!!

I do agree that the NICEIC AC assessment is more stringent than any other out there. That said, I have seen some shocking work from local NICEIC AC firms. Non compliant, fraudulent, incompetent, and disgraceful are but a few descriptives I could choose to accurately to describe a good handful of them in my area.
I have come to the conclusion therefore that NICEIC AC membership is no more of a guarantee of quality work than the wearing of a tufty club badge is to not getting run over whilst crossing the road.

I do agree that the NICEIC AC assessment is more stringent than any other out there. That said, I have seen some shocking work from local NICEIC AC firms. Non compliant, fraudulent, incompetent, and disgraceful are but a few descriptives I could choose to accurately to describe a good handful of them in my area.
I have come to the conclusion therefore that NICEIC AC membership is no more of a guarantee of quality work than the wearing of a tufty club badge is to not getting run over whilst crossing the road.
Agreed Andy, but it does open doors, especially with local authorities contracts, it always has done.

Agreed Andy, but it does open doors, especially with local authorities contracts, it always has done.

And I think that's my main problem with the scheme. It is seen by many large specifiers as the be all and end all of quality and professionalism, when it offers no guarantee of either, especially under its current management and direction. Maybe at one time it was a quality brand, but the modern industry knows better, at least us ground troops do.

I do agree with you also Andy.
More emphasis needs to be put on the QS's who should ensure there staff are all qualified and working to a good level.

Problem being it cheaper to have one muppet QS taking responsibility for a load of semi skilled......

Reply to Thinking of ditching niceic in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net