Discuss This could be an interesting time…. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
That feeling of dread when you start a job…. Attempt to fix someone’s bodge of a CU move extension and there’s not much to play with!!!

BD5229A6-E5E9-44CB-8C21-87586E827048.jpeg

Was an utter tw4t of a job, had to extend a few conductors with crimp/shrink to make them long enough to even reach the box, but I did in the end win.

You need some 2.0 green/yellow sleeving so it actually sleeves the conductor into the terminal attention to detail and all that.
I’ve still got the key if you want a crack at it. There’s a lighting cable still needs running up in the really grotty bit of the loft once you’re done.

That feeling of dread when you start a job…. Attempt to fix someone’s bodge of a CU move extension and there’s not much to play with!!!

View attachment 107559
Seems we went harmonized a bit earlier than thought.
Numerals indicate it was the Romans I, II, III and IV......lighting JB done a bit later, by the Normans, maybe.

Last edited:
Seems we went harmonized a bit earlier than thought.
Numerals indicate it was the Romans I, II, III and IV......lighting JB done a bit later, by the Normans, maybe.
I did a double take when I saw the IV as it looks exactly like my scrappy writing and I often use Roman numbers on CU changes!

I don’t think I’ve ever used those joint boxes for a CU move though. A very long time ago I used a pair of the 6 terminal versions to extend two rings. Wagos really have changed things for the better!

I did a double take when I saw the IV as it looks exactly like my scrappy writing and I often use Roman numbers on CU changes!

I don’t think I’ve ever used those joint boxes for a CU move though. A very long time ago I used a pair of the 6 terminal versions to extend two rings. Wagos really have changed things for the better!
I was a little sceptical at first and thought they might be a bit gimmicky. They’re not cheap (think that Wiska box was about £75ish) but they do do what it says on the tin. My only slight gripe is that I couldn’t see an easy way to lift the bar out to make cutting a rear hole easier, together with that old classic of if the wall behind isn’t even then the plastic box distorts so the cover isn’t wanting to fit back quite so well. I’d already planned on running all the extension conductors in 2.5 singles before I started so I knew what I was dealing with in terms of hole sizes etc, not so sure I’d want to bringing lots of T&E into it, would get very busy very quickly.

Reply to This could be an interesting time…. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net