Discuss Torque settings - hmm in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bit off subject but Toyota operatives working on new hydrogen cell engines use bluetooth torque wrenches that report back to a central computer

Couldn't agree more Andy78! Many on here talk about "knowing the torque" and I truly believe they do, from years of experience. I fondly believe one instinctively knows when something is right...

We know some cables "creep", some soldered connections do particularly, some fine-stranded are susceptible to being over-tightened etc etc...
I am no expert, I just do 'em up...pause a while, then just check 'em again...that's what my dad taught me 50 years ago, and it has been good advice, from home, to caravan, to extreme marine use on 12v DC...
Amateur, maybe...never known a failure yet, but seen loads...
usually on 2.5 rings where the sockets are not tightened properly. Frankly, they need to design those terminals better, but that's another story.

Get a torque driver, keep it in your toolbag and produce it if asked...but I believe you should trust your hand and wrist first of all.

Its like being in the North again on a night out with the Northerners, all torque and no action and us smooooooth Southerners move in and cop of with the Northern lasses..........

Its like being in the North again on a night out with the Northerners, all torque and no action and us smooooooth Southerners move in and cop of with the Northern lasses..........
Hey......not as easy as us up here copping OFF wiv an Essix biooty.;)

fair comment from the walmington on sea home guard.
upload_2018-1-21_15-23-3.jpeg

Last few NIC inspections I've had, I've popped to the wholesalers beforehand, picked up a torque screwdriver, had my inspection, repacked it and returned it to the wholesalers for a refund/credit note :D
Coming up soon......what do you think about trying the same with a thermal camera?

what's the torque range settings of a thermal camera?

so... if it squeals, it's tight? like a virgin?

Reply to Torque settings - hmm in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net