Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

trace heating

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum' started by sheepo, Oct 28, 2009.

Discuss trace heating in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. sheepo

sheepo Guest

hello, i have got a job to install heat trace round pipes in caravans but have never used it before.
    looking for tips to install. cheers.
    what cable? any thermostat?

2. roukel01

roukel01 Electrician's Arms

We always use this company, they do everything you need, from cable to thermostat to metalic tape you use to attach it to the pipe work.
    The cables are a little fiddly at first to terminate, but once you get used to it, its a doddle. Also you need to do a little thinking on cable runs because you can end up with quite alot of waste, you'll see what I mean once it arrives.

Hope this helps.

3. sheepo

sheepo Guest

could you tell me if its simply a case of taking a cable from the breaker, to the thermostat, then the trace cable from thermostat round the pipes? cheers.

4. roukel01

roukel01 Electrician's Arms

yeah, take a feed to the thermostat (obviously provide means of isolation) then I think from what I can remember you simply run all the cables from there, the stat controls it all.

5. johnnyb

johnnyb Guest

Just a little pointer my mate, we used to do trace heating on pipes in power stations, and make sure you don,t cross the tape on its self or it will create a hot spot and burn out usually.