Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Track Lighting recommendation in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Never installed the stuff before, but considering it for a new property we've bought, where I can't trash the ceiling without her indoors getting the hump.

It will be for the dining room part of a kitchen diner. I've seen there are loads of retailers, but it seems that apart from cheap tat kits, the issue is paying a fortune for some of the actual lights.

Going to use a 3 circuit track, so we can vary the lighting levels. Any recommendations?

2. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Have used Eutrak 3 circuit kit for a small shop i fitted out at end of last year, turned out quite good as they wanted the ability to have different light zones in the shop depending on displays etc.. lyco.co.uk are my go to supplier as they have previously been best priced. lyco have the lights themselves from £9 upwards. all down to what you want i guess
    Am in the process of quoting for a fancy shoe shop in Bath who want 3 track lighting and the shop designer has listed illuma in the spec
    3-Circuit Track System | Track Lighting | Illuma Lighting - https://www.illuma.co.uk/shopsc/3circuit-230v/26.htm
    Haven't used the illuma kit before but it looks good, even if a little pricey but is available in rexel/ denmans etc...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Midwest

Cheers Gavin. I've read that its best to pick the track & luminaire from one manufacturer, because of compatibility issues?

4. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    A bit like different mcbs and cu's most will fit but not ideal. A few brands have proprietry sizes. But it tends to be cheaper ones that fit across brands. You are right to stick within the one make. You are guaranteed a firm connection on the terminals as you find on some of the cheaper ones they are not very strong and easily move or flex

• Like Like x 1
  5. Midwest

Cheers Gavin