Discuss Trades Gateway - any feedback good or bad? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

The only thing I don't like is I can't use my DVD's, because I have an apple laptop, and it isn't compatible. I've tried the Library computers, but they would have to change all the settings which is a pain.

Hi just to clear something up. I've just started with them haven't done my practical weeks yet but I listened very closely and have read all the info on this college you get the nvq log book. By going to one of there sites which they have a few of and whilst there they have the nvq assessments people come there. Not all of us can afford to drop and go to college full time. Like myself I have a mortgage to pay for so this was the only course that suited my requirements instead of being negative to us why not help us and ask us about how the course is going with them. As you can see from the posts people are doing well

full scope

part p defined scope
C&G 2377
C&G2382
part p full scope
C&G2392
C&G 2365 level 2 diploma
unit 201/501
unit202
unit203
unit204
unit210
C&G 2365 level 3 level nvq diploma
unit301
unit302
unit304
unit305
unit308
C&G2394
C&G2395
C&G 2357 level 3 nvq diploma once all others completed

These are the ones I'm doing. I've tried looking for a company to jump ship to but there isn't any willing to take me on. The only way to jump ship is to do an apprenticeship and I have a mortgage and bills to pay and the 150 a week will no where near cover that. This was the only way I could get some qualifications and still live. If it's as easy as you say to jump ship then why couldn't I find it nor my fiend who has been an electrician for 6 years. I really want to get into the trade but I've emailed loads of firms asking and offering to work for free for experience and I get nothing back. I tried before and am still trying hence why I joined this site. This was the only way I could see me getting a chance. I know I should have done it when I was 17 but I'm nearly 30 with commitments. I was offered no help from anyone of the colleges on where to go. I steered clear of the silly 4 week in out and of you go course and found this one

They have given me them courses is well as I knew nothing about electrics so it's a good way of getting introduced to it all. The pat testing is added in so you have it. The nvq bit is done on there construction sites which they run as a construction business and when your time comes you go and work for there company for free at different sites to gain the portfolio. I would work hard for 9-13 pound an hour but I've looked and there isn't anything believe me. Like I said before the only ones I could find where apprenticeship paid 150 pound a week. How can anyone live on that. That wouldn't everyday my mortgage.let alone bills food and travel costs jeez. It's crazy. This was my only option. Cheers for raining in.my parade and everyone else's doing this course at nearly 7 grand cost nice oh well looks like I'm stuck doing what I'm doing for the rest of my life

Reply to Trades Gateway - any feedback good or bad? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net