Discuss Trailer Charging Circuit - Relay in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Thanks for looking at my question

I have a vehicle that I charge my trailer battery with. The charge circuit is 10 metres via an andeson plug rear of vehicle.

The cable size is 25mm2 and I'm wanting to fit an ignition fired relay to the circuit. Trouble is the standard 80a relay is a spade style connector. I cant seem to fin a lug to spade that will work. Ive considered soldering it on but would be a bit bodgey.

So I was considering using a solenoid instead? 12V Solenoid

Anyone have experience similar and come up with inteligent solution love to hear from you? The DC to DC charge controller is 50A.

a solenoid is a relay, just bigger and able to carry a larger current.

for the more technical people, this may not always be true but in this case they are one and the same.

Reply to Trailer Charging Circuit - Relay in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

S
Hi All, I wonder if you can help me.... I've been designing my own solar solution recently and built a small example that worked really well...
Replies
Views
R
Okay so I'm doing this project based on Arduino(which is a kind of microcontroller). The thing is, I'm a coder and don't really know a lot about...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock