Discuss two houses into one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Working on a similar installation on and off as customer makes progress on the development. They kept the two supplies and consumer units. Supplier said they would not have to pay two set of standing charges so it was much easier to keep two CUs as not doing a complete rewire, although it may have been easier for me if it was a complete rewire.

Thanks to all,at the moment it seems the dno want to charge for two supplies and that's why they want to run off one. Only problem with that is the two 10.5 kw showers and one 100 amp supply fuse.Maybe not likely to blow but would be a real pain if it did.Timbobelfast thanks for that, that could certainly solve my problem by running both showers through that.
The consumer unit in the modernised property is in the room where the party wall is so isn't to much of an issue, to get the cables back to the mains without to much mess.

Thanks engineer,the job itself is a nice one to do being empty on the side that needs a rewire.What do you think about the two showers?I think if the two of them together draw a touch over 85amps and theres a few more appliances on then the 100 amp should still hold out for good length of time before blowing.not looked in the green book yet to fine out how much she will take and for how long.

Thanks engineer,the job itself is a nice one to do being empty on the side that needs a rewire.What do you think about the two showers?I think if the two of them together draw a touch over 85amps and theres a few more appliances on then the 100 amp should still hold out for good length of time before blowing.not looked in the green book yet to fine out how much she will take and for how long.

I think anyone with a single 10.5 KW shower is a bloody idiot, let alone 2 of them!! lol!! So,Yeah use one of Gizmo's to ensure that only one can be used at any one time. Better ask the owner first though!!

I'd personally ask him WHY he wants 2 X 10.5KW showers in the first place, 8.5 KW units should be more than ample for anyone. The unit i have in China is 4.2 or 4.7KW (can never remember) and gives a very respectable shower to me and the Mrs, even when outside temperatures are hovering around 0c!! lol!!!

Going back in the next few days just to go over a few things so got a few more options to think about thanks to you and the rest of the forum. will keep you posted on any changes.
Regards Daz...

Reply to two houses into one in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net