Discuss Type, model, approx age? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

All,

Came across this CU today -can anyone name it/age it?

The house was built c1970

Iain T CU.jpg

Its the photo above I'm interested in naming

And this lot is on the adjacent wall!

Iain T CU2.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The first CU looks a bit like an old Square D. I have a couple of similar breakers which I recovered from a CU change in a domestic property a little while ago. I thought they were more suited to a commercial environment as they appear quite heavy duty. On the label they say "type QO-X (bs 3871) and have 1975 imprinted. hope it helps.

SquareD. Fitted them in control panels in the 70’s. Wouldn’t trust one as far as I could throw it. Fault time curves, what are they? About as subtle as a brick.

Type: Brunette, but dyed blonde(ish)
Model: Pikey (she's a fairground lass)
Age: 56 (as of 4th March) ..... and she's gorgeous, a crackshot with both rifle & shotgun & great fun to be with !!!

(I have to say nice things 'cos she's a member of this forum) :hanged:

crabtree C50 you can still get breakers for them But the time curves are attrocious as Tony said bussbar isnt enclosed either just a pure howler of a DB similar to Dorman LM series

If you look at the cross section picture of the C50 there’s no thermal element. Well I can’t see one. So not a lot of good for prolonged moderate O/L.

If E54 gets involved in the thread I think he’ll tell you what he thinks of them. Not a lot from what he’s written in the past.

'Model, approx age, curves'...........this is getting interesting.......Then we get onto C50's :icon13:

Last edited:
The old Crabtree, Dorman Smith, Federal Electric, and any other bakerlite breakers etc, were all Yank based breaker's and as everyone has stated pure unadulterated crap. There should be the same warning about these breakers as there is with VOELB's in my opinion... ''Replace'' them!! ...lol!!

Reply to Type, model, approx age? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net