Discuss Tysoft easycert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spark1979

Just a quick one, does anyone run easycert on a netbook and do they find it any good, just looking for a way to fill test sheets in on site and find the iPad app poor as its no where near as good as the computer version, plus it's even more money for the app

Have you actually tried it on the iPad? We use it on the iPad and also have their pat testing app. Haven't had any problems, really happy with both of them

Product is great don't get me wrong, just don't like the way you have to fill the sheets in on I pad like the layout on the computer version I.e. full page available to view. I have purchased nd tried the iPad app for pat testing just didnt like it

I know what you mean (haven't used PAT cert though) took me ages to get on with it... After continuous use for about 6 months now I'm completely happy.

Don't think there are that many other alternatives for the IPad yet.

No there not software to touch it it's really good just wish it was more like the computer version on iPad, hence why I though about having it in a netbook then all would be good, just not sure how much processor speed it needs etc

You've kind of answered your own question then mate. Look at the specs for the computer program and buy a net book to suit.

I will also add to check the battery life, running a program like that may cause the battery to die quite quickly if the processor is working overtime to run the program.

i`m using eee pc 901, open office and a custom spreadsheet. battery lasts 2-3 hours no problem but i usually plug it into a socket after testing is done.
planning to get second hand portable printer in some future.
staying well away from any iCrap

staying well away from any iCrap

iPad battery lasts all day running this program. Certificate can be emailed to client before we've even left the job. Money for app and software easily recovered after a couple of EICR's in time saved. Suit yourself sir.

I have the app on iPad but must admit i didnt get on with it instantly so gave up! Might get it back out and persist if some of you find it works well.

What i do dislike most about the app is that it only works on windows! Come on surely A MAC version would be good!

What i do dislike most about the app is that it only works on windows! Come on surely A MAC version would be good!

Got it running on my MAC, need to get yourself a program called 'Parallels' then you can run windows in tandem

I have been using it on iPad for several weeks but I find it hard work flicking backwards and forwards. Also a bit buggy!
I know use a net book, much better! You can see everything instead of just what you are inputting!
I think it's too complicated for Tablets, you need to see the whole picture. On the iPad you can't see the actual certificate!

Reply to Tysoft easycert in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net