Discuss un related electrical question - sorry! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a little fire place that was removed at my parents home, was brick/concrete/floorboards remaining.

long cut short, need it levelled, i applied a layer of bonding with surfaces primed and it is recessed still.

can i apply a self levelling latec compound directly onto the bonding, or should it be uni-bonded first, or a complete other plan to be drawn up

dont hate me too much for asking an obscure question here, its just the people on this forum are always more helpful and usually more knowledgable with any query than the 'professionals' on other forums

Kind regards,

Jazzy Jeff

theres loads of different types of screed out there and most would stick to bonding pretty well, this stuff is very good.

ARDITEX NA - 1 : Ardex

if you're concerned though why not use some primer? alot of screeds say you should use primer on the directions/instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the existing chimney remaining in place? Don't forget ventilation,if you are turning it into one of those "flower display nooks." Is it ground floor? Age is a help. Screed or finish will be determined by what final floor covering type. Also,do not underestimate the pernicious nature of old soot. An old remedy for bonding to sooty brick-work,included in the render,and i kid you not...Male-cow faeces. Yep,the very slang for mis-information.:conehead:

Haha wow. Make cow poo. Just male cows too ? I know w couple of fat cows, but they're female and I wouldn't feel comfortable handling there faeces either !

house is 1930-50 not entirely sure. Chimney is staying and has been blocked off for years before. The layer of bonding seems solid enough now. And I put a removable shelf there to make the parents happy. Final floor will be carpet (new one to be fitted in due course ) image.jpg
image.jpg

Reply to un related electrical question - sorry! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net