Discuss USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did Trump do a good Job as President.

• No

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Yes but he was a bit of a loose cannon (said stupid stuff).

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No better or worse than Obama

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
@Midwest

I am not trying to throw up conspiracy, merely pointing out the facts and the way the media is ignoring them to paint a very different picture.

You are a logical thinking educated person so answer this -

The first wave of violence started at 12.40pm
Trump's speech finished at 1.11pm
Trump made his speech 2miles away and as the roads were blocked off the only way to capitol hill was to walk, due to the crowd size it is estimated they would have arrived about 1.45pm - 2.15pm long after the violence broke out.

So the question is - given the violence was well underway about 12.45pm how can these people be incited by Trump's speech, is one to say they were simultaneously listening to the speech on headphones while engaging violently with law enforcement?..

This timeline was expressed numerous times publically by local media and there is no way Pelosi was unaware of the inconsistencies of her claims and it is based on these claims that she is pushing for impeachment still to this day, this is simply a political move to try stop Trump running again in 4yrs time and facts are been ignored, the media is playing Pelosi's song across the globe, even our BBC were blaming it on the contents of his speech, again it is simply false.

Regarding the lack of security and police - the now resigned Capitol police chief requested additional help and to have the national guard on stand by, his request had to go through Pelosi and Mconnell's Sergeant at arms who refused.

This is from an interview with (now ex) Capitol police chief Sund -

(The first wave of protesters arrived at the Capitol about 12:40 p.m.

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Pelosi, McConnell's Sergeants-at-Arms Refused Security Measures

“As soon as they hit the fence line, the fight was on,” Sund said. “Violent confrontations from the start. They came with riot helmets, gas masks, shields, pepper spray, fireworks, climbing gear — climbing gear! — explosives, metal pipes, baseball bats. I have never seen anything like it in 30 years of events in Washington.”

Using video footage from the Capitol and radio transmissions from his incident commanders, Sund could see his officers trying to hold the line. But the rioters immediately yanked the barricade fence out of the way and threw it at his officers’ heads.

“I realized at 1 p.m., things aren’t going well,” he said. “I’m watching my people getting slammed.”

Sund immediately called Contee, who sent 100 officers to the scene, with some arriving within 10 minutes. But at 1:09 p.m., Sund said he called Irving and Stenger, telling them it was time to call in the Guard. He wanted an emergency declaration. Both men said they would “run it up the chain” and get back to him, he said.

Minutes later, aides to the top congressional leaders were called to Stenger’s office for an update on the situation — and were infuriated to learn that the sergeants at arms had not yet called in the National Guard or any other reinforcements, as was their responsibility to do without seeking approval from leaders.)

PS - the national guard arrived several hours later after the damage was done.

I am not pushing conspiracy here, we have evidence the FBI new in advance of the threats yet did nothing.
We see the Sund pleading for national guard to be on immediate standby, he initially was refused then after further requests they said they would contact their superiors, the didn't contact anyone leaving it to get out of control.

When you are having to consult the leader of the house Pelosi's Sergeant of Arms to help bring in the national guard and you are refused then further requests ignored are you telling me I am trying to spin conspiracy when you also factor in the next step that Pelosi takes in a second Impeachment claiming Trump's speech started this whole thing, we already know that was a lie and even if you give her the benefit of the doubt and say she was misinformed or got it wrong then how is it weeks later she is still pushing for that same impeachment on the same grounds when we all now know that it could not have possibly been the speech for reasons above and the fact the FBI acknowledges this now.

You need to realise the US politics is not like ours, using political strength in numbers to ignore law and people's legal rights is commonplace when a party has a lot to gain or lose, Trump been president has brought the worst out in the Democrats where even the hardest left news groups are saying nancy does not have a case on Trump here... meanwhile the BBC pushes the same false claims to this day.

'

@Midwest

I am not trying to throw up conspiracy, merely pointing out the facts and the way the media is ignoring them to paint a very different picture.

You are a logical thinking educated person so answer this -

The first wave of violence started at 12.40pm
Trump's speech finished at 1.11pm
Trump made his speech 2miles away and as the roads were blocked off the only way to capitol hill was to walk, due to the crowd size it is estimated they would have arrived about 1.45pm - 2.15pm long after the violence broke out.

So the question is - given the violence was well underway about 12.45pm how can these people be incited by Trump's speech, is one to say they were simultaneously listening to the speech on headphones while engaging violently with law enforcement?..

This timeline was expressed numerous times publically by local media and there is no way Pelosi was unaware of the inconsistencies of her claims and it is based on these claims that she is pushing for impeachment still to this day, this is simply a political move to try stop Trump running again in 4yrs time and facts are been ignored, the media is playing Pelosi's song across the globe, even our BBC were blaming it on the contents of his speech, again it is simply false.

Regarding the lack of security and police - the now resigned Capitol police chief requested additional help and to have the national guard on stand by, his request had to go through Pelosi and Mconnell's Sergeant at arms who refused.

This is from an interview with (now ex) Capitol police chief Sund -

(The first wave of protesters arrived at the Capitol about 12:40 p.m.

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Pelosi, McConnell's Sergeants-at-Arms Refused Security Measures

“As soon as they hit the fence line, the fight was on,” Sund said. “Violent confrontations from the start. They came with riot helmets, gas masks, shields, pepper spray, fireworks, climbing gear — climbing gear! — explosives, metal pipes, baseball bats. I have never seen anything like it in 30 years of events in Washington.”

Using video footage from the Capitol and radio transmissions from his incident commanders, Sund could see his officers trying to hold the line. But the rioters immediately yanked the barricade fence out of the way and threw it at his officers’ heads.

“I realized at 1 p.m., things aren’t going well,” he said. “I’m watching my people getting slammed.”

Sund immediately called Contee, who sent 100 officers to the scene, with some arriving within 10 minutes. But at 1:09 p.m., Sund said he called Irving and Stenger, telling them it was time to call in the Guard. He wanted an emergency declaration. Both men said they would “run it up the chain” and get back to him, he said.

Minutes later, aides to the top congressional leaders were called to Stenger’s office for an update on the situation — and were infuriated to learn that the sergeants at arms had not yet called in the National Guard or any other reinforcements, as was their responsibility to do without seeking approval from leaders.)

PS - the national guard arrived several hours later after the damage was done.

I am not pushing conspiracy here, we have evidence the FBI new in advance of the threats yet did nothing.
We see the Sund pleading for national guard to be on immediate standby, he initially was refused then after further requests they said they would contact their superiors, the didn't contact anyone leaving it to get out of control.

When you are having to consult the leader of the house Pelosi's Sergeant of Arms to help bring in the national guard and you are refused then further requests ignored are you telling me I am trying to spin conspiracy when you also factor in the next step that Pelosi takes in a second Impeachment claiming Trump's speech started this whole thing, we already know that was a lie and even if you give her the benefit of the doubt and say she was misinformed or got it wrong then how is it weeks later she is still pushing for that same impeachment on the same grounds when we all now know that it could not have possibly been the speech for reasons above and the fact the FBI acknowledges this now.

You need to realise the US politics is not like ours, using political strength in numbers to ignore law and people's legal rights is commonplace when a party has a lot to gain or lose, Trump been president has brought the worst out in the Democrats where even the hardest left news groups are saying nancy does not have a case on Trump here... meanwhile the BBC pushes the same false claims to this day.

'

Its all rather obvious to those who are willing to see.

I’ve just quickly Googled the ‘timeline for capitol riot’. I might be wrong, but it seems to conflict with yours?

US today
Firstly I would be very weary using a politically bias source as a information source, this group is owned by CBS and although not the worst offender they are bias to the left (Dem's).

Looking through it they have very carefully worded it to allow readers to take a different view while not actually pushing misinformation simply by been lax with some details while promoting others.

Lines like Trump started to speak 11.50 am and it lasted over and hour is technically correct but if we are drafting a timeline then it is crucial to explain he lasted 1hr 21mins if we are creating a timeline, the article does explain the timeline exactly as I did above however so where is conflict?... what it also does not explain is when the bulk of Trump supporters arrived from the rally 2miles away.

It also fails to even mention, groups of activists when tooled up with grappling ladders, weapons etc and were not part of the Trump supporters main crown, they arrived and are the ones that started the push through security.

I deliberately quoted the Chief commander as he was their and his version is not about political bias, it is his version of events that can be verified by the video footage we see even in this report you linked to.

@Midwest

With all respect I haven't come into this conversation without preparation, I am on another forum where we have been actively filtering the BS from the truth and thus you will see me Quote the FBI, CIA and the Chief Commander as oppose to how the politicians explain it or the mainstream media.
I stopped believing the media long ago on both sides of the political spectrum, Brexit is a prime example of every man and his dog trying to tell Brexiteers they have been lied to and should change their minds or WWIII would occur yet here we are with a deal we were told we couldn't get, nearly 1 trillion in new trade deals with of 60 countries... these deals were meant to take 7 yrs a piece to agree but from your recent post in the other thread we sing the same hymn on that subject anyway, I have applied the same scrutiny to the USA elections and watched the open hearings in the swing states rather than read about them, I have seen the evidence offered to make my own judgement rather than be told it was poor from a US rag.. so lke my job I do the research and make sure I do my best to eliminate the crap..

Having said that, I too make mistakes and sometimes the odd story slips me by or I give more credit than I should and when it's pointed out I will happily stand corrected and learn from it.

it allows like minded people to communicate with others and allows them to feed of each other, amplifying and reinforcing ridiculous beliefs until they believe their own propaganda.

@Midwest

I am on another forum where we have been actively filtering the BS from the truth and thus you will see me Quote the FBI, CIA and the Chief Commander as oppose to how the politicians explain it or the mainstream media.

@brianmoooore

Fair point you raise in you Quotes but it also works the other way, you could easily make that argument about this forum but it doesn't work that way here, we get a question and like minded people all come together to help out with a joint knowledge base, more often than not the original poster get the correct information and even those taking part refine their own knowledge on the regs or the subject matter.

In respect from your last post it has little basis unless you can demonstrate it to be true on this occasion otherwise you are simply offering opinion without backing it up.

Timelines aside the thing that makes me laugh is the glaring hypocracy of it. The democrats were actively fundraising and encouraging the professional Marxist thugs that went under the banner of Black Lives Matter hand in hand with Antifa whilst they wrecked, looted and burned entire city districts with dozens of deaths and anarchic no-go zones set up for months on end. My particular favourite was the media framing it as 'mostly peaceful protests'. One protest in the Capitol by the conservative Boomers and not even a building or police station burned and they're wetting their pants.

Timelines aside the thing that makes me laugh is the glaring hypocracy of it. The democrats were actively fundraising and encouraging the professional Marxist thugs that went under the banner of Black Lives Matter hand in hand with Antifa whilst they wrecked, looted and burned entire city districts with dozens of deaths and anarchic no-go zones set up for months on end. My particular favourite was the media framing it as 'mostly peaceful protests'. One protest in the Capitol by the conservative Boomers and not even a building or police station burned and they're wetting their pants.

The same can be said about them complaining about Trump challenging the election results. They challenged them when Trump was elected and it was alright then, but as soon as Trump does it it's anti-democratic.

Understatement of the decade. What exactly have the moderators dept. being smoking lately? I really thought this out of character thread was a windup, but it appears to be legit. Can you you guys pm me when normality returns. Its such a great forum othetwise
Too many people displaying wrongthink for your tender sensibilities?

Or is the subject verboten?

Too many people displaying wrongthink for your tender sensibilities?
If you meant "too many people displaying wrong thinking", well yes I agree with you. Wrong thinking is, nt of much value is it.?

Now bearing in mind the enthusiastic support the forum moderators are showing for a politician who began his presidential campaign as the leader of the "birther movement" conspiracy and ended his presidency as the leader of the Qanon conspiracy and filled the time in between gaining a reputation as a not very reliable character, not to mention bringing white supremacist groups from the fringes of society into the mainstream. You might remember that when Obama, s birth cert was produced it made no difference to him. A pattern that was to repeat itself through his presidency.Then on being elected he immediately acknowledged what he had promoted as truth was a lie.
As "Darkwood" might say "have I missed something"?

If you meant "too many people displaying wrong thinking", well yes I agree with you. Wrong thinking is, nt of much value is it.?

Now bearing in mind the enthusiastic support the forum moderators are showing for a politician who began his presidential campaign as the leader of the "birther movement" conspiracy and ended his presidency as the leader of the Qanon conspiracy and filled the time in between gaining a reputation as a not very reliable character, not to mention bringing white supremacist groups from the fringes of society into the mainstream. You might remember that when Obama, s birth cert was produced it made no difference to him. A pattern that was to repeat itself through his presidency.Then on being elected he immediately acknowledged what he had promoted as truth was a lie.
As "Darkwood" might say "have I missed something"?
You do realise Trump was a legally elected President of the USA, not the antichrist, El Chappo or Hitler.

People have opposing views on all manner of things, however when one side sets their view up as sacrosanct and the other as evil it doesn't end well, won't end well and never has ended well.

When you hear the noises coming from the left of US politics about hunting down those that "Enabled" Trump you start to realise the danger we are sleepwalking into.

Sorry if you don't find this message doubleplusgood.

You do realise Trump was a legally elected President of the USA, not the antichrist, El Chappo or Hitler.

People have opposing views on all manner of things, however when one side sets their view up as sacrosanct and the other as evil it doesn't end well, won't end well and never has ended well.

When you hear the noises coming from the left of US politics about hunting down those that "Enabled" Trump you start to realise the danger we are sleepwalking into.

Sorry if you don't find this message doubleplusgood.
Was that a reply to my previous post?. Be helpful if you read and then replied to what I said rather than a meaningless rant

@LastManOnline

Everyone is welcome to their own opinions on this forum including staff, this is in a political section of the forum and that is often a topic of strong opinion.

Debate is good and healthy, it is how we form and refine opinion, you comment on 'wrong thinking' - please explain who makes that call, please explain where in this thread the spirit of debate has breached any laws and please point out where member have been disrespectful of each other even though views may be opposite.

What we don't appreciate is the direction you are taking it, rather than join in and give your own input to why you may oppose mine and other views with whatever citation or evidence you have to back that up you instead quote 'one liners from members posts including mine' and take them out of the context they were presented for what is nothing more than a trolling comment.
Now with all respect because I am part of this thread debate I do not moderate the thread so as not to show bias in any form, this thread is overlooked by other staff and they will even kick me into touch if I drift off course however if forum rules are clearly been abused then I will address them.

If you do not like the discussion or the content and it does not fit your own views then you are free to join in and discuss like other members, if you still have issues then feel free to PM another member of staff for feedback and/or simply ignore the thread.

PS- You make a lot of claims in your response, please enlighten me to this White Supremacist group you claim have been brought from the fringes to the mainstream by who I assume is Trump you refer to, I am intrigued?

Reply to USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net