Discuss USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Did Trump do a good Job as President.

• No

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Yes but he was a bit of a loose cannon (said stupid stuff).

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • No better or worse than Obama

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
I find it hilarious that I'm now lumped in with right wingers.

Thirty years ago I was dismissed as being a left winger.

My politics have not changed but the Overton Window has.
How can a left winger seriously say trump has never said anything Stupid? come on admit it, he has said hundreds of Stupid things, how about can we drink bleach to kill the virus lol, surely that is stupid

How can a left winger seriously say trump has never said anything Stupid? come on admit it, he has said hundreds of Stupid things, how about can we drink bleach to kill the virus lol, surely that is stupid
I've not, to my knowledge or intent, defended Trump. In fact I think he's a bit of a prat, sure I've posted that somewhere.

He's said many a dumb thing but more common is that he is misrepresented to make him look more foolish. He has been treated incredibly unfairly by the press, news and social media.

I've not, to my knowledge or intent, defended Trump. In fact I think he's a bit of a prat, sure I've posted that somewhere.

He's said many a dumb thing but more common is that he is misrepresented to make him look more foolish. He has been treated incredibly unfairly by the press, news and social media.
Seriously, just google "Trumps silly comments" some of the things are so stupid a 5 year old child has more sense, he is a complete clown, a buffoon, a simpleton, and the farce regarding the election being stolen highlights his intelligence, how anyone in their right mind can even suggest for one minute he was made to look more foolish must be kidding around surely.

Trump say silly things, No never.

"We're going to build a wall on the Mexican border and we will make the Mexicans pay for it"

Not a hope was there of that ever happening.
It's already 5 times over budget and if ever fully built at todays cost would be $40bn for the whole 2000 miles.
Guess who'll be paying for what they've spent on the wall now,, the American tax payers which includes my Son.

"We're gonna walk down to the Capitol (building) AND I'LL BE WITH YOU"

Not a hope was there of the Secret Service ever letting a serving President walk down the road with anyone.

Seriously, just google "Trumps silly comments" some of the things are so stupid a 5 year old child has more sense, he is a complete clown, a buffoon, a simpleton, and the farce regarding the election being stolen highlights his intelligence, how anyone in their right mind can even suggest for one minute he was made to look more foolish must be kidding around surely.
Which bit of the not defending Trump are you struggling with.

It is the disparity of treatment.

Look up the incoherent ramblings and senile fumbling of Joe Biden on the Internet and then look for the coverage on the news.

..and thats not even going near the corruption.

Watch the above ànd ask yourself, honestly, what would have happened if Trump had said the same.

Just in case anyone is wondering why the wall costs so much, it's not exactly something you'd see in a garden. Mexico wall.PNG

I can understand any nation wanting to control their borders, we have some very good border controls, except Harridans Wall (only joking), but our 'wall' hasn't stopped migrants crossing the Channel. I seem to recall reading in the news, that they are already digging tunnels or something under the new bits of wall. Seems a bit of waste of money.

So to recap your supposition @darkwood;

Trumps speech did nothing to incite demonstrators to violence & storm the Capitol, as they can’t be in two places at once. And they wouldn’t of been aware of tweets etc, made by Trump the days before, about Jan 6th. But let’s not draw that into the debate. So all his supporters were miles away listening to his speech.

Meanwhile the Black Lives Matters, Antifa etc were waiting patiently outside the Capitol, waiting for the right time to go.

The FBI & National Guard etc were in cahoots with the Democrats, as they had intelligence about the plan to storm the Capitol, but they wanted it to happen as it would make Trump look bad.

So when the building was stormed, it wasn’t Trump supporters, but a bunch of infiltrators, whose intention it was to have a peaceful protest and just act if they were tourists, looking around inside.

And there was no way, Trump supporters could walk the couple of miles to take part. The National Guard weren’t deployed, again to make Trump look bad. But the same National Guard turned their backs on the incoming President, to make him look bad.

I think that’s it?

I wish you would read my posts and stop trying to put words in my mouth, at no point have I said there were no Trump supporters in the riots on Capitol Hill.
I was clear in stating the Pelosi is pushing for an impeachment on Trump based on the speech of the Trump rally 2miles down from Capitol Hill, she was clear about it been that speech that she claims incited the disturbances on Capitol Hill, at no point did I mention nore did she about tweets prior to or following the breach of Capitol Hill.

I never said the National Guard were in Cahoots, the national Guard is a large body, I cited a piece that gave specific names of the local police Chief Commander and who he reported to, it was the failure of who he reported to that the national guard was not brought in.

There were several prominent arrests over the breach of Capitol Hill and through FB messenger and Twitter the FBI have found a pre organised intent to cause maximum disturbances with some information asking for members of the government and opposition to be kidnapped and or killed, on such person was a deluded Trump fan who was found with a hit list and arsenal of weapons, I never said there were no trump supporters involved, I clearly stated the the mainstream media were telling a very different story to that of what happened that day, leaving out the fact that many arrested were there who participated in the initial push and breach of Capitol Hill were indeed Antifa and BLM, some well known and already facing previous charges for rioting.

When the building was breached and people got in at some point security were filmed letting in people through 2 side doors, people simply followed the crowd at this stage and starting walking in and walking around, there was plenty of uploaded footing that show people walking about filming the building and surrounding while in other areas their were been violent.

The link to the guy I cited - his lengthy video even shows him talking to a journalist at the end admitting to pre arranging it and he says he was sorry he couldn't tell her too much (her been a journalist) but he also goes on to say, "I told you it was going to be epic or words to that effect, isn't this the best, I just couldn't tell you too much," his internet history directly links him to Antifa, BLM and it shows him organising with groups for this event and attack, he is not a Trump fan and he came equipped but like I keep saying, the media ignore any of these hardened violent protesters who had pre-planned it and continue to say the riots were a reaction to Trump's speech that day.
PS - I am not claiming conspiracy, the FBI were aware of intentions of known groups, it was even publicly announced they had intelligence on such matters yet did nothing, requested no back up and then denied it after, the FBI will have reported this to Pelosi given she was in the chair that day, so 2 scenarios

They did report their concern and Pelosi told them to do nothing or they didn't tell Pelosi which raises bigger questions.
If they didn't tell Pelosi then the Chief Commander reported to Pelosi's rep' for the national guard and he should have also reported it been a security issue of the building she was in.
Somebody somewhere made a conscious decision to ignore the preemptive threat alert or ignored the active threat alert and from the citation of the interview given by the Chief Commander it looks on Pelosi in both scenarios unless by massive coincidence she was never told by 2 departments that were there to warn of her of such security matters.
Take from this what you will but when the sequence of event do not add up and then we see an unconstitutional attempt to impeach Trump it does point consistently to political motivation was in play and when I say unconstitutional I mean they are trying to impeach a private citizen now which impeachment does not cover and they are trying to do it by subverting the law and Trump's rights to a fair hearing.. now that is corruption right there if I ever saw it, all to ensure he cannot run again in 4yrs time.

The same can be said about them complaining about Trump challenging the election results. They challenged them when Trump was elected and it was alright then, but as soon as Trump does it it's anti-democratic.
But Clinton conceded and congratulated Trump the day after the election SC. Although to be fair, she then moaned about it for the next 4 years.
But there was no challenge to the result as far as I’m aware, just the usual local count challenges and recounts.
Obama too congratulated Trump, he allowed full access to Trump and his team through the transition and was totally magnanimous and friendly through the inauguration. As was Michelle Obama.

Not the same really, is it?

But Clinton conceded and congratulated Trump the day after the election SC. Although to be fair, she then moaned about it for the next 4 years.
But there was no challenge to the result as far as I’m aware, just the usual local count challenges and recounts.
Obama too congratulated Trump, he allowed full access to Trump and his team through the transition and was totally magnanimous and friendly through the inauguration. As was Michelle Obama.

Not the same really, is it?
Hillary lost her composure so enormously when she lost because, not only did she think she would win, she knew she'd win.

She didn't even have a concession speech and didn't give one.

The same fix that Biden benefitted from was in for Hillary only the plug was pulled at the last minute, it appears that even the Dems didn't really want her.

If Trump only achieved one thing it was saving the world from that psychopath.

Thanks Donny.

Hillary lost her composure so enormously when she lost because, not only did she think she would win, she knew she'd win.

The same fix that Biden benefitted from was in for Hillary only the plug was pulled at the last minute, it appears that even the Dems didn't really want her.

Thanks Donny.
You maybe right with the first part of this.
But I refuse to believe she could be worse than Trump, inconceivable.

A lot of these Democrats see themselves as a political elite.
It serves their interests to whip up division and oppression whilst simultaneously presenting themselves as the guardians of the dispossessed and the disenfranchised .
Truth is they dont really want anything much to change because they want to continue harvesting that vote.
Throughout Trumps reign they have consistently shown a particularly nasty and cynical disregard for democracy

I wish you would read my posts and stop trying to put words in my mouth, at no point have I said there were no Trump supporters in the riots on Capitol Hill.
I was clear in stating the Pelosi is pushing for an impeachment on Trump based on the speech of the Trump rally 2miles down from Capitol Hill, she was clear about it been that speech that she claims incited the disturbances on Capitol Hill, at no point did I mention nore did she about tweets prior to or following the breach of Capitol Hill.

I never said the National Guard were in Cahoots, the national Guard is a large body, I cited a piece that gave specific names of the local police Chief Commander and who he reported to, it was the failure of who he reported to that the national guard was not brought in.

There were several prominent arrests over the breach of Capitol Hill and through FB messenger and Twitter the FBI have found a pre organised intent to cause maximum disturbances with some information asking for members of the government and opposition to be kidnapped and or killed, on such person was a deluded Trump fan who was found with a hit list and arsenal of weapons, I never said there were no trump supporters involved, I clearly stated the the mainstream media were telling a very different story to that of what happened that day, leaving out the fact that many arrested were there who participated in the initial push and breach of Capitol Hill were indeed Antifa and BLM, some well known and already facing previous charges for rioting.

When the building was breached and people got in at some point security were filmed letting in people through 2 side doors, people simply followed the crowd at this stage and starting walking in and walking around, there was plenty of uploaded footing that show people walking about filming the building and surrounding while in other areas their were been violent.

The link to the guy I cited - his lengthy video even shows him talking to a journalist at the end admitting to pre arranging it and he says he was sorry he couldn't tell her too much (her been a journalist) but he also goes on to say, "I told you it was going to be epic or words to that effect, isn't this the best, I just couldn't tell you too much," his internet history directly links him to Antifa, BLM and it shows him organising with groups for this event and attack, he is not a Trump fan and he came equipped but like I keep saying, the media ignore any of these hardened violent protesters who had pre-planned it and continue to say the riots were a reaction to Trump's speech that day.
PS - I am not claiming conspiracy, the FBI were aware of intentions of known groups, it was even publicly announced they had intelligence on such matters yet did nothing, requested no back up and then denied it after, the FBI will have reported this to Pelosi given she was in the chair that day, so 2 scenarios

They did report their concern and Pelosi told them to do nothing or they didn't tell Pelosi which raises bigger questions.
If they didn't tell Pelosi then the Chief Commander reported to Pelosi's rep' for the national guard and he should have also reported it been a security issue of the building she was in.
Somebody somewhere made a conscious decision to ignore the preemptive threat alert or ignored the active threat alert and from the citation of the interview given by the Chief Commander it looks on Pelosi in both scenarios unless by massive coincidence she was never told by 2 departments that were there to warn of her of such security matters.
Take from this what you will but when the sequence of event do not add up and then we see an unconstitutional attempt to impeach Trump it does point consistently to political motivation was in play and when I say unconstitutional I mean they are trying to impeach a private citizen now which impeachment does not cover and they are trying to do it by subverting the law and Trump's rights to a fair hearing.. now that is corruption right there if I ever saw it, all to ensure he cannot run again in 4yrs time.

The problem with your posts, well my problem is you go on forever in your replies. If you can be more concise, perhaps we might get to the crux of the matter.

Thanks Donny.
Are the same ole thing , like with Cameron in the Brexit thread, they thought they would win. Bull pop, none of them go into it thinking they would win. 'A week is a long time in politics'.

The problem with your posts, well my problem is you go on forever in your replies. If you can be more concise, perhaps we might get to the crux of the matter.
Correct. Darkwood has written the vast majority of the content and reading back through it I find little of substance . What's clear is he is a big fan of ex president Trump and believes he has been cheated out of an election by voter fraud. The fact that Trump's vice President, his own attorney General, (William Barr) said otherwise matters, little. The states where disputed votes supposedly took place were all republican controlled. They all stated there was no fraud. The judges agreed including the trump appointed ones. But in Trump's World facts could be overturned by "alternative facts" and conspiracy theories.

Anyone popping in to the forum for the first time would think he had inadvertently stumbled onto "Parler-lite"

The states where disputed votes supposedly took place were all republican controlled. They all stated there was no fraud. The judges agreed including the trump appointed ones. But in Trump's World facts could be overturned by "alternative facts" and conspiracy theories.

Not quite.

From Wikipedia:

Pennsylvania:

On January 22, 2018, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania mandated that the state's congressional map be redrawn, alleging that the current map was unconstitutionally drawn to favor Republicans and disenfranchise Democratic voters, a process known as gerrymandering. Less than one month later, a new congressional map was drawn and approved. The new map would take place in the May primaries.[3] With the new congressional map in place, Democrats had a net gain of three congressional seats, giving the Democratic Party half of Pennsylvania's congressional seats.

Michigan:

In 2018, the state electorate passed proposals to create an independent redistricting commission,

*Edit: I'm not sure if any redistricting took place in Michigan since that time

Reply to USA politics, recent events. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net