Discuss van decals and break ins?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

brs73

-
Reaction score
morning chaps
i wanted to see what other peoples experiences were after they've had their vans printed up??
i want to get my van printed but i was wondering if thieves targeted printed vans more than a plain one.
i have a van vault and deadlocks.
thanks in advance
brs

If you van security is decent then I would say not to worry. I had a slam lock fitted to mine to make it harder for the pykies to get into.

Decent tool insurance should also cover you as well.

i got broken into a few years back with a leased van, my tools in transit insurance paid up over £2000 without any trouble
ive got my own van now with deadlocks and a van vault. its just expensive repairing the van if they try and fail to get in!!!

Unfortunately, the scum of the world will always target a van which pretty much advertises the fact that it contains cable or copper pipe. That said, the benefits of having your own mobile billboard will far outweigh that risk if you are short of work. Only you can gauge the benefit/risk in your particular area.

When I had my marked up van I was paranoid about it, after catching a scrote in the act trying to crowbar the back open outside my house. At the time I had to park it on the street. Now I have a drive with gate and CCTV I feel better, although nowadays I use an estate car and never leave anything in it overnight.

Either way it's a good idea to be careful about showing the inside of your van,I always emptied mine late at night when there was nobody around,same as cleaning it out all it takes is one scumbag to walk past and see whats in it and you're a target.

Don't think it makes any difference, my van is not sign written and had broken in, in Wickes car park , within a month of getting it. Most thieves are chancers ( and *******s )

An electrician not far from me had his Vito broken into last winter. No signage at all on it, but the guys knew it was full of cable.
Fortunately, they caught the thieving gits, as they left footprints in the snow leading back to their hideout (tent) in the woods nearby. Bet they got off with a warning.

Personally I think it is worth it , I always get comments from people about how they see my van flying about all the time, which one makes people think you must be busy, therefore good at what you do. Also the more the people who see your van the better it sticks in there mind, where as a plain white van just looks like any other plain white van.

If they think there's something in there sign written or not their going to try it, in my opinion sign it up extra advertising for you

Reply to van decals and break ins?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net