Discuss Vauxhall Vivaro in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

i currently drive rice a Vauxhall Combo 1.7 DTI and feel I need more space as everything is crammed in, plus I'd like to fit a new van out with one of those sortimo racks for all my Bosch kit. I keep finding that I'm storing the next jobs stuff in tend van and running out of space. I'm currently booked up for the next three weeks solid and the van looks, well very full.

so I'm looking at buying a Vauxhall Vivaro and know that some have gearbox problems.

i want to spend between ÂŁ4k and ÂŁ6k at most.

what yesr and engine size is best in your opinion and least likely to have known potential issues?

I presume they are all the same size are they? Not really noticed shy that are bigger than others, oh and I only want one side door not two.

Like I say if you know anything about them or which year is best lets know.

thanks, Tom

Gear box problems where mainly pre 56 plate

My main problem as been injectors. But once done had very few problems and found them to be a good van. For money.

Would recommend slam plates be fitted as a security upgrade As there is a work round on the original handles.

I do hope I haven't jinked my self :-(

I've got a trafic I'm selling in a month or so (waiting for new transit custom)
It's exactly same as vauxhAll, 58 plate 57k miles full Renault history immaculate! Inside and out, with sortimo racking and lining in back, racking is invaluable in my opinion, it is a fantastic van no problems at all, 115sport version so maybe look at those too? I genuinely love it it drives like a car has AC etc arm rest, you should get a decent one for around 6k + vat!

I have slam locks and dead locks on my combo so will definitely get them fitted to the next one.

thanks infinity but looking to spend a bit less that ÂŁ6k + vat, I'm looking ideally ÂŁ4k to ÂŁ6k inc vat, should still be able to get a good one for that.

Ive be been looking at the sortimo racking and probably going to spend ÂŁ1600 on racking inside plus ÂŁ1000 on security, so as you can see it's soon adding up.

There carp...slow, under powered, cheap...roomy in the cab but not so roomy in the back. You cant get a 3m length of conduit or what ever in the back like you can with the competion...The radio is dire...

I kept mine for 6 months (It was brand new) before going back to the Faithfull transit...do the right thing and buy a transit...

Its just a Renault...

Although apparently the pre 56 plate ones are meant to be better because there all vauxhall, ie vauxhall engine not Renault...

Well it's going to be better than my one , the radio doesn't even work..

yeah a grand, about ÂŁ500 on dead locks and slam locks fully fitted, the ones that are that thatcham approved, plus a cat 1 alarm and immobiliser fitted about ÂŁ400. Ok so about ÂŁ900 ish.

i prefere that my tools and kit are safe, well hopefully kept safer than being stolen, I do occasionally leave kit in the van at night but it's reversed up against a wall and a solid feather edge fence the side door side if the can whole length, and I'm just about to fit an anti ram raid telescopic bollard in front of it, but need to position it a bit further out for the new van, but it will be hard up against the bumper.

oh and there's three CCTV cameras pointing at it and two 400w flood lights.

no I'm not paranoid, but don't like leaving my van when away, I live in a nice part of leicester !

Well it's going to be better than my one , the radio doesn't even work..

yeah a grand, about ÂŁ500 on dead locks and slam locks fully fitted, the ones that are that thatcham approved, plus a cat 1 alarm and immobiliser fitted about ÂŁ400. Ok so about ÂŁ900 ish.

i prefere that my tools and kit are safe, well hopefully kept safer than being stolen, I do occasionally leave kit in the van at night but it's reversed up against a wall and a solid feather edge fence the side door side if the can whole length, and I'm just about to fit an anti ram raid telescopic bollard in front of it, but need to position it a bit further out for the new van, but it will be hard up against the bumper.

oh and there's three CCTV cameras pointing at it and two 400w flood lights.

no I'm not paranoid, but don't like leaving my van when away, I live in a nice part of leicester !
I think you need help mate, you would be better with LED floods

No I don't need help, I prefer to keep what I have worked hard for and not let someone take it all then claim on my insurance. I have been round a few peoples houses lately and they have all said people have been broken into round are way recently, and my neighbour next door, behind and over the road, they are all coppers and have all said burglary is on the rise in our area.

No I don't need help, I prefer to keep what I have worked hard for and not let someone take it all then claim on my insurance. I have been round a few peoples houses lately and they have all said people have been broken into round are way recently, and my neighbour next door, behind and over the road, they are all coppers and have all said burglary is on the rise in our area.

go to a shooting club, have a pic taken with a shotgun and put it up im house in view of the window then

My main problem as been injectors. But once done had very few problems and found them to be a good van.
My neighbour has the Renault Trafic version and he too, has had injector problems.
Other than that, it seems fine. He's done a few long haul jobs for me at the drop of a hat.

Theres no way you can say the trafic 115 sport is underpowered! It will go over a 100 anytime with anything in the back it's been a brilliant van with no problems in 3 yrs of ownership, must be luck of the draw if you have problems.
Only reason I'm changing is for the 155bhp custom fully loaded with toys

Well my 1.7 DTI combo is very slow, so long as it's faster than that I don't care. I can get 70 tops out of that, I was going up hill on the M1 near J23 a while back and it slowed down to 55mph lol

look out for an ex BT vivaro. you can probably mod. the existing racking to suit yourself.

Nice, I'm having silver again. Do you have the 155? I only test drove the 125 but ordered 155, limited, with twin batt 230 socket in cab, led lights in rear, folding roof rack and rear camera & lane assist with sat nav

Ive got an 07 Vivaro only had it about 9mths but a cracking van, cant fault them.
Also drove Renault trafic's for about 7 years 3 different vans with old firm again with no issues.
But I really do like the look of the above custom's, and if I'm not mistaken it looks like they have copied the custom for the new look Vivaro.

Reply to Vauxhall Vivaro in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net