Discuss Ventilation regs prior to 2006 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

roukel01

Hi all

Could anyone tell me what regs for domestic works regarding ventilation were in force prior to the regs rewrite of 2006? I.e were fans required in a utility room? as it is now in Regs part F

Many Thanks

Seems to change dependant where you are in the country, hard to keep up with it.
A particular builder we have has fans in utility but none in a WC with opening window, yet others always want one in all toilets

It used to be a toilet without a window required a timer over run fan , that goes back to the 15th at least , may go back further...

Basically I went to a house the other day, an extension was built prior to the 2006 regs change. The plans did show a fan in the utility but the sparky never put one in. He's never had the extension signed off and asked me if it would need to be done before he asks the building inspector round to sign it off!

Ha, he doesn't want to put it in his mind!! He's hoping to get away with not putting one in! You ask a building inspector and you;ll get 'errr, umm, well yes it should have one'

Surely like wiring regs the building regs aren’t retrospective. The sticking point is a fan being shown on the drawings. I know I didn't fit them to the few houses I've had anything to do with. They all had building reg's approval.

Sounds like you don’t want to do the job.

In my experience Planning Officers follow their own rules. Like it or not, if the homeowner wants a completion certificate, they better get him round!

Reply to Ventilation regs prior to 2006 in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net