Discuss Very Dangerous in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mheyes

I was sent this morning to do an EICR on a void house in the northwest. When I got there I was horrified to see exposed live parts see pic.
Why on earth would you leave something in such a state.
omg.jpg

Cannabis "farmers" often pull all manner of tails out at random until they get it right in order to get free leccy, had to fix quite a few.

my boss did say it looked like illegal activity. I had to goto wholesalers and get some henly blocks. The meter cover was on the floor

Bit of tape, it'll be fine...

Some people really deserve to do the 240 tango.

I got a call to a house once and after discussing the job asked to look at the mains, I opened a cupboard, pulled out a load of toddlers toys and there was no cover on the meter, nice shiny live connections open to all.
Apparently it had been like that since the couple had moved in and no one had ever noticed. DNO came out within the hour, alls well that ended well

Recent periodic i carried out during r2 testing at 12 of the class 1 metal light fittings, i found no earth, further investigation revealed that the earth connection from 10 of the light fittings had been wired into the line loop. The light fittings were permanetly live!!! Also the connections were in uninsulated copper connection from a pendant light fitting. However they did use a chockblock to connect the line loop to the earth of the class 1 fitting.:smilielol5::smilielol5: The tenants had been in for over a year. The landlord was horrified.

I also find you have to be careful when crawling around in lofts. I always switch off the upstairs lighting circuit, a few months ago when crawling in the eaves i put my hand on what would have been unenclosed live terminals, had i not have switched off the upstairs lighting circuit. This was a tip from a sparks mate who had received a shock in a loft from live terminals and as a result fell head first through the ceiling. Apparentley the builders could not help him as they couldn't stop laughing.

Reply to Very Dangerous in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net