Discuss Voltage drop workout in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Also, watch for the surge current on start up of that machinery. Put a big lathe or something in there and the start up current could well be 3 times the nominal rated current, so you could end up with a 15% VD on start up.

I remember one fault report with an inverter on one of the forums that turned out to be caused by the inverter tripping out due to the massive voltage swing when a big bit of machinery started up in the shed it was connected in to.

Also when doing these calcs, if you could double check them to be sure to meet the 1% VD limit for a 16A solar PV supply that'd be much appreciated. Nowt worse* than having to dig the driveway up to install solar on the garage because the existing supply to the garage doesn't quite cut it for our purposes.

*ok there are actually quite a few things worse than that.

Reply to Voltage drop workout in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, New trainee electrician so sorry if this is a dumb question I feel confident with calculating the volt drop for a ring and radial circuit...
Replies
Views
can anyone tell me if this is a correct way of thinking i have 6 Cleaners outlets off a !6a rcd, total run length is 55m 6mm feed to first point...
Replies
Views
When calculating voltage drop and using the formula mV/A/m x Design Current x length / 1000 = v Do I use the design current value after rating...
Replies
Views
Select (Scottish) Certification Scheme Question on volt drop from 2391
Hi all, I have worked out the volt drop on other questions using the formula mVxAxM. had no issues, but this question below has just fried whats...
Replies
Views
Apologies for the complexity of this question, but there’s no easy way to explain it. This is a remote Norfolk house and workshops, developed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock