Discuss Wages in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I Know i may not get the answer im after but ive been asked to be a electrical compliance manager on site but they have asked me what wages i would be after, im not sure what the going rate is could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in Advance

What are the duties and responsibilities of this position?

They asked what you want, so tell them what you want! They didn't ask what the going rate is, they will know this already and are likely hoping that you will ask for less.

As the man above says, tell them what you want!

What they want to pay is immaterial, what you want for doing the job and can live on is what you ask for .......

tell them £40,000 plus a company mobile and an Aston Martin.

Hi Everyone

I Know i may not get the answer im after but ive been asked to be a electrical compliance manager on site but they have asked me what wages i would be after, im not sure what the going rate is could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in Advance

Hi pal,you've not spent enough time with dealin' men....:)

Tell them that you'll 'appen want,a little over the going rate,for that position.

You know they can go to that,because they have asked you,instead of advertising,and getting anybody else,for the going rate...

You tell them to make an offer,on that basis,and you will consider it....note,you have not had to commit to taking the job,only considering to do so...

They can do that verbally,if they want,because it will give you your answer.

If they decline to do any of that,they were probably fishing,and you have lost nothing,whilst they know you are not a leaf in the wind...

...And always remember the final phrase,if it goes pear shaped..."i've been sacked from better jobs than this..." :cheesy:

Reply to Wages in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net