Discuss Wago Question for Sockets in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

mankey

DIY
Reaction score
Hi All,
As a householder I'm keen to add a double socket further along a wall to extend access in a different corner of the room. I'm connecting with current cabling to pre-2004 cabling (1995 house) and wondered whether I can use Wago connectors and whether I need to enclose them in a plastic Wago box behind the plasterboard.

I'm aware I'm allowed to add a single socket to a ring but wasn't quite sure what I need to satisfy.

Thanks, David

Hi All,
As a householder I'm keen to add a double socket further along a wall to extend access in a different corner of the room. I'm connecting with current cabling to pre-2004 cabling (1995 house) and wondered whether I can use Wago connectors and whether I need to enclose them in a plastic Wago box behind the plasterboard.

I'm aware I'm allowed to add a single socket to a ring but wasn't quite sure what I need to satisfy.

Thanks, David
I don’t think you can conceal connectors. They need to be accessible

Thanks for getting back.

The Wagos should be accessible at one of the ends b hind a socket but I’ll bear that in mind/

Thanks

When installed in accordance with the manufacturers instructions (which come with Wagoboxes), Wago's can be installed in a maintenance free way meaning they do not have to be accessible, but you must follow the instructions carefully.

When installed in accordance with the manufacturers instructions (which come with Wagoboxes), Wago's can be installed in a maintenance free way meaning they do not have to be accessible, but you must follow the instructions carefully.
Thanks for that. This is essentially what I’ve done so far but not quite finished the job. I noticed the instructions are not lengthy but require you to follow them precisely which makes sense.

Thanks

Reply to Wago Question for Sockets in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net