Discuss WAgos V line products in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Megavolt

Now not fitted enough line products to fully trust them but after reading this

(equivalent to wago 222-415) Due to Production problems may substitute this part with WAGO 222-415

My confidence has bottomed out.

Need to restock my van stock

So what is your recommends line products or wagos

This means nothing without a link or copy of the issue you hi-light...

Expand on this please!

Is this expressing a Line product issue or Wago your post is ambiguous.

they had a problem a while ago with 4 way push fit connector that didnt fit to well in a line torpedo so the cables were squashed against the inner wall of the torpedo similar to the one in this enclosure http://lineproducts.co.uk/forumshop/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=37 also a 5way lever type that wouldnt close correctly all have been removed from sale as far as I am aware plus if you have a problem with there gear he will replace any faulty item like this one it was a manufacturing issue LINE 32A 5 LEVER Connector [L5L32] - ÂŁ0.27 : for electricians by electricians

Last edited:
I just had nearly a hundred quids worth of bits from line and must say im not overly impressed.

The quality of the connectors are not as good as wago's and the junction boxes take much longer to make off on lights. Didn't like the fact you need to remember to put half of it on first and the the cable tying etc.

I prefer using auto strippers to get the lengths the same then use the wago light boxes. Much quicker.

Must say the new 32a butt connectors are good though although these are supplied by line but made by ideal.

Be interesting to see what Line Products have to say regarding this thread .... usually the mention of a Wago has the forum sponsor pushing their wares..... :leaving:

I have used Line, Wago, and Hellacon connectors. I honestly struggle to see any difference in quality or function between any of these products, they are pretty much of a muchness.

We only use Wago connectors. 99% of the time we will put them in a wago box but the line box comes in handy on jobs where your adding to tight runs of cable.

Mostly Wago's, but started to use the Ideal range also - like the 3-way better than Wago - and the butt spliceline connector beats the Wago 2-way push connector in many applications.

Two interesting points: I asked my local supplier if he was selling a lot of Ideal & Wagos. He said no, except to continentals sparks working over here - and they don't put them in a JB - they consider the Wago as the enclosure!

Second point, my last assessor, noting my rather large stock of Wagos , said: "You use a lot of those ..." in a tone that may have implied "too many of those... " I think Old School still regards them as new fangled gizmos, and not a patch on a good old JB!

I drove from Cheltenham to Cambridge to do a big lighting job, and ordered Wago snap connectors from Line Products, when they arrived they had sent their own brand connectors which were totally useless, 2 days wasted waiting for a replacement and even then they had such a low stock of Wago that they couldn't replace them all or refund fully.

I now buy Wago either from Screwfix or other wholesalers.

nothing wrong with the line connectors as far as I can tell, they work for me.
Some people have said they are not so well built but I think that was a blip, other than that they are all much of a muchness, except that it is not easy to correctly identify the types current carrying capacity if they are hellacon, ideal, wago, line as they are all different colours and designs and the writing is too small to read!

nothing wrong with the line connectors as far as I can tell, they work for me.
Some people have said they are not so well built but I think that was a blip, other than that they are all much of a muchness, except that it is not easy to correctly identify the types current carrying capacity if they are hellacon, ideal, wago, line as they are all different colours and designs and the writing is too small to read!

Two words. Get glasses

Reply to WAgos V line products in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net