Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Wall chaser and dust extraction in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. keniff

keniff Electrician's Arms

Hi guys I’m in the market for a wall chaser and vac, ideally wanted the Bosch gnf65 but it’s £600+

Now looking at a sparky one it cuts up to 40mm wide, anyone got one and is it any good?

Also looking at the festool dust extractors anyone has any experience with them?

I’m open to any recommendations, I like the festool dust extractors because they look to pack away neatly, I borrowed a dewalt one and it’s a right tangle when you have it in the van!

Cheers

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i use a £29.99 chaser from aldi, with my henry hose bodge taped to the extract. not perfect. it misses 5%of the dust, but i can ( cough,cough) live with that.

• Like Like x 3
  3. rolyberkin

rolyberkin Electrician's Arms

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    mine only cuts 1", i have to run it twice to get 2" , but that beats your 40mm by about 3/8". told you i was bi-lingual. :D:D:D

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    As mentioned above .I have the Titan wall chaser from screwfix, my previous one was stolen from the van.
    Can't fault the titan one. makes nice cuts for housbashing. Its just as good if not better than chasers many times more expensive, also has a no quibble warranty from screwfix with it.If you want really wide cuts then overlap and make 4 lines instead of 2. attached it to the titan wet/dry vacuum and have very little dust. the titan vacuum is a powerful machine in its own right mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. PEG

PEG Respected Member

You can achieve a fair bit,with a 3HP fan,some 18" ducting,and a Stihl saw...

7. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

I've used a Metabo wall chaser/hoover, and hired a few other manufacturers products and one the hire shop 'made up' with a Henry Hoover. The only one I was impressed with was the Metabo; the others simply didn't 'suck up' enough of the dust & debris. Plus some, the actual chaser was a bit unwieldy.

The Metabo was a good chaser & almost zero dust. I don't do enough chasing to warrant the expense, so its down to me £30 4'' angle grinder, and half hours down time, waiting for the dust to settle and good dust mask o_O

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Risteard

Risteard Respected Member

Business Name:
    Walsh Electrical Services
    I have a 110V Metabo tracker/chaser and hoover with power take-off combo. As above, very good - very little dust.

9. sam400

sam400 Regular EF Member

I use a 4.5” Bosch grinder with the Bosch dust extraction guard connected to a fein dustex extractor (class L) very little dust from it.
    Not a fan of the twin blade ones - make a right mess.

10. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

Erbaurer twinblade grinder and Nilfisk Aero 26-21 Vac is what I use what my helper uses. Very little dust (until the Kango/Wall Chipper comes out) Can get them for approx £250 all in.

If I'm doing a new build or the likes, I bring in a wall tracking company, they seem to all use Hilti.

11. keniff

keniff Electrician's Arms

thanks for the feedback guys

12. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

13. Timbo

Timbo Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    TechFix Services
    Got the Festool CTL Midi. Use it with router, rail saw, chop saw, does a great job. Only down side is cost - initial and bags. But it does pack the bags though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jay89

Jay89 Regular EF Member

I use a Titan wall chaser with a Henry vac. Works a treat in unoccupied houses. However I find the extraction vent gets blocked very easily by a piece of loose plaster or paint and the room soon fills up with dust!

I borrow a Makita wall chaser and vac for occupied places and the extraction is so much better

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. JK-Electrical

JK-Electrical Electrician's Arms