Currently reading:
wall light fault

Discuss wall light fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

amckay

My neighbour asked me to put some fancy switch plates up after he decorated. So I'm screwing the plate into the back box and Bang! I mustn't of tightened a connection properly (prob should have turned circuit off too lol) :-( so I make everything ok and re energise circuit but lights for that switch won't illuminate. Change of bulbs reveals its still not working. I've used a non contact voltage detector to check there is power to the lamps and have checked continuity using a fluke t90 and some old offcut to make up the distance and continuity is fine on both L+N. I can't do IR as my tester has been sent away for calibration with screwfix.
I've never come across this before and so far I'm stumped. Any ideas where the fault lies?

Yeah that's right I'll stand toe to toe with anyone.

I've said it before, read all my posts in this thread as some people clearly aren't. Then come at me.

I was under the impression that this forum was full of electricians but by some of the comments (especially on this thread) it appears that it is full of clowns.
I'm surprised that some of you can read schematics etc when its apparent that some can't even read OPs

Yeah that's right I'll stand toe to toe with anyone.

I've said it before, read all my posts in this thread as some people clearly aren't. Then come at me.

I was under the impression that this forum was full of electricians but by some of the comments (especially on this thread) it appears that it is full of clowns.
I'm surprised that some of you can read schematics etc when its apparent that some can't even read OPs

well i wouldn`t say it was..full of electricians....but theres plenty of us about in here...

i`m sorry but i cant include you in this select group as after reading your first post you hardly inspire confidence...do you...

My neighbour asked me to put some fancy switch plates up after he decorated. So I'm screwing the plate into the back box and Bang! I mustn't of tightened a connection properly (prob should have turned circuit off too lol) :-( so I make everything ok and re energise circuit but lights for that switch won't illuminate. Change of bulbs reveals its still not working. I've used a non contact voltage detector to check there is power to the lamps and have checked continuity using a fluke t90 and some old offcut to make up the distance and continuity is fine on both L+N. I can't do IR as my tester has been sent away for calibration with screwfix.
I've never come across this before and so far I'm stumped. Any ideas where the fault lies?

A few points from me see bold type for reference
1. you said you didn't fit them
2. if it went bang you have dropped Bo11o@k either left or right
3.voltsticks are for stirring your brew nothing more
4. if this as you stumped then im scared, and so should the customer be
5.quals and certs are worthless if you cannot put them into practise, this is all basic page 1 stuff.
5. If my posts above offend your delicate nature then your not much of an electrician/ as it is part of the job.

Did I miss something?
What happened to NickD?

Boydy

Ithink he got a bit gobby with Dan and Sintra / silly boy, think it was a thread in main forum called what qualifications do I need to be an electrician

I am impressed Glenn you must be slipping

Reply to wall light fault in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock