Discuss Wall-mounting a TV in the best way in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

it's very difficult to mount a modern TV right. the tw4ts put the knobs round the side these days, so you don't know which is the front.

The shiny bit with the moving image usually gives the clue away as to which is front and back, also RTFM ;o))))
but the back is got all those funny sockets and things we ain;t never heard of. usb,hmid,yideo in video out, much more interesting thasn the programmes. esp. when you stick 1000V megger probe up them and watch silly coon chips exploding.

but the back is got all those funny sockets and things we ain;t never heard of. usb,hmid,yideo in video out, much more interesting thasn the programmes. esp. when you stick 1000V megger probe up them and watch silly coon chips exploding.
You'd be shot in W12 using words like "coon"

small animal native to North America, full name racoon. supposed to be quite intelligent, so must have originally been Northeners.
220px-Raccoon_climbing_in_tree_-_Cropped_and_color_corrected.jpg

Nice mock fireplace! Piece of oval chased in then filled? Trunking the same I guess. Nice colour wall.
Care when fixing the socket on the wall behind the TV that it doesn’t coincide with the TV bracket - measure twice fit once.
I concur Wouldnt be the first time :eek: especially if the customer devices they want to change it to a fancy swivelling mount rather than the standard tilt when you've already installed the socket :(

Well I have taken all your comments on board, and have gone with Gavin John Hyde and AJShep on this. One trunking for mains to a socket behind the TV, another with 2x HDMI (neat, flat cables) a CAT5, 2x coax, and a nylon cord to pull up anything else I may need in the future. As to the TV mount, the old one was a single point wall mounted bracket with swivel and tilt etc but just not beefy enough for the weight of the TV which always sat slightly drunkenly down at one side. The new one isn't quite flat-to-wall as it has a tilt feature, but plenty stand-off from the wall to get a dual back-box in with brush plate one side and socket outlet the other. The new mount is rack- style so centring the TV is a doddle, and it is much more secure too.
Mind you, my arms are sore from putting that TV up and down so many times yesterday, checking clearances etc but I think it will be a reasonable job when done...not that the client will appreciate how much effort has gone into it, all she will see is a telly on the wall...
Right, must go and cough up some more plaster dust...

OK, done...
WP_20180420_18_02_33_Pro[1].jpg

OK, it's not perfect but the VIP suddenly wanted it finished, so was happy to accept a slight colour mis-match due to the filler coat needing one more layer of paint, which I will do next week.
Mrs Pirate thought the screen-shot was typical of a man, Arsene Wenger...but I am not a footie fan at all...however, I now have a legitimate pic of Fiona Bruce!
Many thanks again to all of you who assisted with your suggestions, I really appreciate it. I am only utilising one HDMI cable for the Humax Freesat box, but I have a spare HDMI for NowTV, a satellite cable, a coax for cable TV or freeview, and an ethernet too.
Kitchen refurb next, apparently...

RESPECT. ...not only have you managed to get it level, but also got the picture the right way up. that mock fireplace is hideous though.

Not my choice, the fireplace!
Big Orange Shed bargain rail, with "later additions"...for £50, instead of £265...not too bad, and in my defense, it actually suits the room quite well.
However, I will pass your comments on to the VIP...she will track you down!

Aye, well...I have some sympathy with that view...however there is a 20 degree down angle, so it is quite stress=free to view

Reply to Wall-mounting a TV in the best way in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net