Discuss Websites in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Was just sharing some info with the forum on the pros and cons of having a link on a forum to their business website. Same goes for links from twitter & FB to your business website.

Every time you post you’re creating an external a link to your business website.

Eventually these links will appear in search results relating to your business website.

We have the entirely realistic situation whereby potential customers can read your forum posts, FB and twitter posts.

Goes without saying if your forum posts etc weren’t complimentary to the main aim of your business website you’d have a problem.

Agree to a point, however if someone is searching for a company, they aren't searching individual names, they're searching for 'electricians london' or 'electricians manchester'. If someone wants do delve deep enough I'm sure they could pull up a whole heap of crap on any business currently trading with a website. That's the nature of business really isn't it.

As long as you stay true to yourself and don't allow any abhorrent views you may harbour to surface in the public domain you can't go far wrong.

Was just sharing some info with the forum on the pros and cons of having a link on a forum to their business website. Same goes for links from twitter & FB to your business website.

Every time you post you’re creating an external a link to your business website.

Eventually these links will appear in search results relating to your business website.

We have the entirely realistic situation whereby potential customers can read your forum posts, FB and twitter posts.

Goes without saying if your forum posts etc weren’t complimentary to the main aim of your business website you’d have a problem.

and remember not everybody uses the internet to find trades people!

D Skelton your website is excellent considering you done it yourself. One thing though, it's not mobile friendly, with more people using their smartphones etc should should start thinking about getting a mobile version or making it responsive.

D Skelton your website is excellent considering you done it yourself. One thing though, it's not mobile friendly, with more people using their smartphones etc should should start thinking about getting a mobile version or making it responsive.

That's not hard to resolve - it's just a case of adding an additional stylesheet for mobile devices. :)

Thanks, yeah, it is something I have been considering of late. I've asked a few questions and have decided that this isn't something I will be able to tackle myself so will need someone else to optimise it for mobile use too. Just a question of sorting it out when I have time :)

I must admit I was looking at my Google Wemaster tools and it said I need a mobile site, think I'll look at it this week.

You have a choice between creating a subdomain eg me.electrican.co.uk and redirecting to this subdomain when someone is using a mobile or as someone else stated you need to create additional css stylesheets and rules for diffrent screen sizes.

This is why people choose Wordpress. You buy the responsive template and plugins and your off.

You have a choice between creating a subdomain eg me.electrican.co.uk and redirecting to this subdomain when someone is using a mobile or as someone else stated you need to create additional css stylesheets and rules for diffrent screen sizes.

This is why people choose Wordpress. You buy the responsive template and plugins and your off.
squarespace or godaddy make it easy as well.

i rent a godaddy domain name £5 a year ^^

if it works well for your sector its worth doing

i did my website in standard old school html.
it works on anything including text mode terminal and any phone browser.
it says who I am, what I do, gives couple of options of contacting me.
costs £25 a year for a hosting account and a domain....

Reply to Websites in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net