Discuss Well aren't we all shiney and new then. in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

I guess its a case of adjusting, letting go of the past and learning to enjoy the benefits of the new....

NIGHT MODE!

It certainly is easier on the eye when lights are low in the room.
Again its a shock at first but good when you adjust to it.

Couple of points:

1. the 'Reply to thread' button is not working for me - had to click on 'go advanced' (use Chrome browser, it worked ok before)

2. Arms member's names are yellow in most colour schemes - yellow is difficult to pick out and read on a light background. Can you change the colour to give a better contrast?

and what is Trackback?
1) I use Chrome and it's working fine. Try holding down the CTRL key and hitting F5 which fully refreshes the page. Failing that, log out (which clears cookies) and log back in and try again. If all that fails give me a shout via PM and I'll see if I can find a fix or replicate the problem.

2) Work in progress that is. Red clashes with Admins as the username is made bold anyway in this forum version. Went for green but that's for sponsors. Tried dark gold (as in a gold member) but Dave reported it not loading any colour in FireFox 3, so lightgold (or yellow as it appears in Chrome) it is for now. I'll work some more on that tomorrow/monday.

And trackbacks have always been there, in the old version they were there. They're explained in the Forum FAQ in detail, but basically they're links back to forums and blogs that are linking to us.

I guess its a case of adjusting, letting go of the past and learning to enjoy the benefits of the new....

NIGHT MODE!

It certainly is easier on the eye when lights are low in the room.
Again its a shock at first but good when you adjust to it.

You're just after loads of Thanks from me aren't you! You little charmer you. :)

**thanks clicked once again** haha

tbh it certainly is a lot easier to navigate through and the front page is set out entirely the same as the old version so it`s not like we can`t find anything. if i put that pink on i might get my youngest daughter joining up :D

You're just after loads of Thanks from me aren't you! You little charmer you. :)

**thanks clicked once again** haha

Its nice to be nice as me dad would say. But, to be honest its just kind of good to have put something back towards this helpful place especially if its of good use.

just a quick question and it`s probably me missing the obvious :) how do we attach files from the computer, thanks in advance :D

Same as before mate, "manage attachments" then "find files" at the top right. You do have to "go advanced" first though.

You'll also be able to see any previous pictures you've uploaded as they are now viewable when you click to add new ones.

Hit the go advanced at bottom of reply box then much the same as old version.

doh . I should have gone to spec savers :eek: good job i am going for the eyes testing next week :D right in front of me and i still coulld not see it. thanks guys

maybee some of these :D

Attachments

• 53710-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-3d-Green-Tortoise-Wearing-Big-Glasses-And-Smilin.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 44
Checkout the new smaller sidebar for those with old computers and small screen sizes. :)

If the sidebar is still the same width for you, hold down the Ctrl key and hit F5 and it will refresh the page for you.

..... if carlsberg made forums....

We'll be having an updated version of the logo done. It'll be the same but will be inkeeping with the style too. The video embedding I'll get working, it does work on the other forums for some reason. Annnnnnnnd (had to scroll up then) the NightMode is meant to be easy on the eyes at night in low-lit rooms, probably the same reason the 'other' websites you claim to not visit have such colour schemes. :D

Reply to Well aren't we all shiney and new then. in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net