Discuss well no more thinking about it in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

Hi all yep as the title goes I have just purchased a KT71 Pro kit from our sponser Test Meters and got my 5% discount via the forum.

So why now then afterdithering for the past 6 months well my attitude is if it aint paying its way then bin it but I have totted up the amount of requests I have had for PAT testing and I reckon if I had one it would have paid for its self and also I took a leaf out of the supermarket business where they have a loss leader to get the punters in as they say.

Why the KT71 Pro well I bought the Megger 1553 thinking I was going to bluetooth it to everything and it did not happen so in other words I bought a coupe when I needed a hatchback plus with the KT71 Pro kit you get some extras which is nice.

Now down to the hard bit charges I would appreciate any help private or public about costs my thinking was to charge a set fee for say 12 items and then an individual cost for each item after that. Also my target customer is the private landlord or a letting agent anyway as always I am quite happy to take all comments because as they say every day is a school day.

Also just to say I forgot to order a Cloverleaf adaptor but for £9 plus vat but found one on Eb*& for £3 delivered.

Also no replies to the above on charges ?

I charge £3.50(doing them right and recording details correctly).What has went down well is offering them free with periodic reports for dwelling etc.

Reply to well no more thinking about it in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net