Discuss We're in luck lads! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

right at the top of the pecking order trev and everyone on site knows to! You will of course only find independents and telegraphs scattered in the sparks grub hut, none of that tabloid rubbish.
Obviously I can only speak for myself but rather than reading papers I prefer the works of Franz Kafka and Feodor Dostoyevsy> I find they stimulate the intellectual discussions common in the electricians cabin, well their books and the girl on the bait wagons norks are regular topics

Except to posh girls! We are not to their standard as we dont work in an office lol.
My girl thinks my job is cool ;) shes hates me talking about work though haha apparently i bore her :(

Except to posh girls! We are not to their standard as we dont work in an office lol.
My girl thinks my job is cool ;) shes hates me talking about work though haha apparently i bore her :(

My wife is always asking me why I'm telling her about cable runs, socket locations etc. She used to listen and pretend to be interested but now I think maybe she's had enough. Mind you, the other day SHE told ME what size breaker to use on a job. And she was right. So I suppose she must listen to what I tell her each night!

My wife is always asking me why I'm telling her about cable runs, socket locations etc. She used to listen and pretend to be interested but now I think maybe she's had enough. Mind you, the other day SHE told ME what size breaker to use on a job. And she was right. So I suppose she must listen to what I tell her each night!

Haha my girl still dont know the colours. She constantly thinks brown is earth.... because its a mud colour -.- ... so she ignores what i say to her lol. She is only interested when their is a hole in our ceiling where i still havnt put a light ! ;)

Was explaining 2 way and intermediate switching to my better half whilst on a beach in Bulgaria (still couldn't switch off even on holiday) she was well impressed! Even drew little diagrams in the sand! Sad init?

Everywhere i go... holiday...out for meals.... i have the urge to look at the electrics and moan about it, and tell the other half why its wrong haha. Your not the only one mate trust ;)

hmmmm! A thread hailing the DIY theme....well i never.... yrs of people been shot down in flames and now you want to be one because it might get you a ride on the furry burger.

yeah. and say " i'd never do it like that".

My former boss is a plumber, and according to his wife when they were in a restaurant on their honeymoon he went to the toilet and was there ages, because he had taken a panel off the wall and was inspecting the plumbing!

Mrs Trev is sick of me inspecting electrics when we're out, we took the kids to the fair a few years ago and she got so fed up with me criticising she threatened to hit me

Reply to We're in luck lads! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net