Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss What code would you give for the following in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Farmelectrics

Farmelectrics Farmelectrics Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Farm electrics
    No schedule in distribution boards what code would you give this previous reports state code 3 I was thinking code 2 but a bit unsure factory environmental

2. Dillb

Dillb Electrician's Arms

Why are you think of a C2?

3. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    If I were doing EICR on such sites and there is no labelling/schedules I would quote for a survey to identify all circuits and place schedules/labelling before doing the EICR. However you suggest you have access to previous EICR so you could get them to print them out (schedules) and place accordingly. Are the DBs' labelled in terms of identifying the DB themselves throughout the building?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Adam W

Adam W Regular EF Member

C3 if anything. Provided the circuits are labelled in some way I wouldn't code it at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Not C2 ...... FI which can also give unsatisfactory

Previous reports state C3 ... yet nothing has changed ....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Risteard

Risteard Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Walsh Electrical Services
    I think it depends on the circumstances. I have come across large installations where there is no labelling where frankly I haven't a clue what is connected to what or where, and what devices things are protected by. I think there is an argument that there is a safety issue - and indeed an issue of maintainability. So I'm not sure that I would agree that a C3 is always appropriate for this.

7. Farmelectrics

Farmelectrics Farmelectrics Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Farm electrics
    There is very little labelling hardly anything is marked up even previous eicr states on sheets unidentified ciircut but they've given it as a satisfactory in most boards there's still unidentified circuits so can't understand how it can be given a satisfactory report

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Risteard

Risteard Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Walsh Electrical Services
    You're absolutely right - it can't possibly be satisfactory when you have no idea where it is going or whether it is safe!

9. Adam W

Adam W Regular EF Member

If you can't identify a circuit then you can't test it properly.
    The best course of action would be to get the client to agree to you tracing out the circuits and labelling them then testing them, otherwise you're going to end up with a lot of limitations and further investigation.

Or rather the client will, on an EICR which won't tell them a lot other than their installation needs work doing to it.

10. essex

essex Forum Mentor

It is a C3 all day long for no circuit charts.

If emergency switching or isolation is required then that would not fall under the Reg for curcuit charts.

11. Strima

Strima Electrician's Arms

C3 for labelling.

I've seen someone give a C1 for labelling once, I laugh at him, loudly, for a long time, then called him a w~~~~~....

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

FI on the test cert considering that circuit has not been identified.

13. ipf

ipf Forum Mentor

I got a bad mark off an NICEIC inspector for no schedule in a bleedin' domestic......even though the CU was all labelled up.
    I was half expecting a couple of hours detention or a clip round the earhole.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Paignton pete

Paignton pete Regular EF Member

I like that one Murdoch.
    I agree it doesn't justify a C2 but I'd really want to sort this issue in a larger installation.
    Your F1 does just that.
    Occasionally someone will come up with a good idea on this forum.

I'm doing a industrial warehouse next week and that issue is also a concern for me. I think I'll use it.

Cheers

15. mickfred

mickfred Regular EF Member

Are place got a c1 for no schedule , c1 for using SY c1 for missing RCD testing sticker c1 for no bonding to water mains (when Ch is bonded and incoming is plastic ) he was from the insurance and tried to c1 everything . Don't think he could count past 1

• Funny Funny x 1